• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheazy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i have been patient for about 5-6 months now. i have been very busy with yr 12 and some productions ive bn doing. my last play finished on saturday and i just did my maths test so i think ive waited long enough and would now like to take the final step and purchase my first python. i have been slowly building my enclosure and am very proud of it, it is higher than wide and ive also acquired my license.

I am after a HATCHLING:
murray darling,
darwin,
coastal
or even a bredli (although might be outa my price range as am strapt for cash being in yr12)

i would only like to purchase in SYDNEY area as transport/freight is expensive
i am willing to spend around $100-$180ish so i no i need to find a bargain. prefer a male, must be healthy and pure...no cross's

thanx all
cheers, mike

$100-$180 limits you to coastals and md's, i'd go with a coastal, i have 3 and i love them, how long is your enclosure?

yeah my budget isnt the best i know. my enclosure is 70cm wide x 84cm high x 43cm deep

ummm maybe a childrens variety is better suited to that enclosure, a larger species will outgrow that very fast, will last you a year to a year and a half at the max lol
kylie

That enclosure will be fine for a yearling Carpet Python but not a hatchie. Rob Johnson said that the most common reason for getting young pythons into his vet practice is because people keep them in enclosures too large.

You will still need to start a hatchie in a tub. And in about 3 years you will need a larger enclosure than the one you describe above but I am guessing that by then you will have a couple of years of working under your belt and you will also need your current enclosure for your next yearling.

yeah dont worry ive got my click clack set up for it first until it gets bigger, ive planned this for a long time so yeah

I have been asked by a friend {that works too much and has not got the time to sell himself} I am selling murray darlings crossed with diamond python. I am selling them them for $160. They should be ready in a couple of weeks. They will not be sold until they have eaten a minimum of at least three feeds and have been proven to be in good health. Pm me if you are interested

i don't think he wants a cross, you should be able to pick up a pure MD in that price range anyway.

In the latest edition of reptile australia magazine, the MD got the best all round snake for captivity and beginers.

:)

haha yeah thanks i realise theyre great snakes thats why im trying to get one! haha thanx

go with an md, i have heard so many good things about them

there is some coastals on the herp trader that are $110 in brissie and with freight that would be your budget if you can find anything in your area....

just dont rush into it mate theres always goiong to be plenty of snakes for sale so make sure u get the one u really want

I have been asked by a friend {that works too much and has not got the time to sell himself} I am selling murray darlings crossed with diamond python. I am selling them them for $160. They should be ready in a couple of weeks. They will not be sold until they have eaten a minimum of at least three feeds and have been proven to be in good health. Pm me if you are interested

WHY????? did you cross a murray d with a diamond?? just why?? how absolutly stupid.
cheers Matt

Let's not start another Hybrid debate - espcially not in the WTB Thread...

Matty01 - If you search you will find plenty of hybrid threads where you can yell at people..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back