Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a male bredli that has no tail tip as the female bit it off when they were housed together.

Ive got a spare click clack, but i have a 1ft x 1ft x 1ft enclosure cabinet made up for my little male. Hes only a month old. Its nearly ready, and i wanted to put them both in, as its a display piece inthe corner of the loungeroom. Alot nice than 1 in a click clack. But thats why i ask if its advisable. Ive had spotteds in before and hads no worries, but they are renowed for being able to do that. Any help appreciated :)

Personally and only my opinion, $500 is abit much to risk anything happening. Only because if anything did happen, all of a sudden its to late. Might cost more. I have heard of one snake eating another BHP's but both dying. My humble inexperenced opinion only

Shes on hold now for me :). Very happy :). So what do we think about putting them together? If they are pretty much the same size is it advisable? (fed seperately of course). Plently of hides, branches etc etc in there, it looks like a rainforest floor lol. Thanks

1x1x1 sound's a bit small for 2 snakes, even as hatchies i'd say it's to small.

If your paying 500 for a snake why not spend the extra for its own home? No hassles then.

No room to house her. I live with parents, and theres simply no room, she would have to go downstairs in the garage, or in the click clack. I just had the other enclosure set up so nicely thats all. Its 1-1.5ft, long, wide and high.

They are worth anything you are willing to pay. Don't keep them 2gether unless the same size.

seperate

snakes are generally solitary animals and should not be housed together except as adults for breeding purposes, how can a click clack take up to much room? if you dont have the room to adequately look after/house it then you should not buy it.
cheers Matt

The click clack doesnt take up much room, i meant another enclosure at the moment. (just moved and house is till getting sorted). I just didnt want to use a click clack, as i like seeing my herps visually in nicely set up enclosures thats all.

Click clacks

Why not put a couple of click clacks in the one enclosure. Animals kept separate but you double up your space.

Thats an idea. Is a 1.5ft x 1.5ft x1.5 ft enclosure split in 2 alright in size for 1 hatchling bredli in each side? Its a wooden enclosure, and ideas on how to split it Would Fly mesh (harder most durable stuff do? Also ive got a gecko tank im wanting to split as the gecko species dont need alot of room. Its a 3ft tank, and im wanting knobtails on one side, and thicktails on the other. Im wanting to split the tank in 2, but be able to access either side without opening the other. This ones harder as its all glass. Any bright ideas on either of these 2 would be great! thanks!

CEL

ok just wanted to add my 2 cents.. i have my jungles housed together.. but they came from the same place same clutch etc.. and i have my 2 yrling coastals together in a 3ft fish tank which i think is nearly too small for them now..i purchased both those snakes from the same place but at different times.. so the 2nd one i got was much smaller than the one i had gotten 2 months earlier, because the guy wasnt feeding and watering enough.. so i did house her seperate for about 2 months till i got her up and feeding and handled etc.. and then put her in wif her sister.. they were about 10cm- 15 cm difference in length at this point.. they are now nearly the same.. the 2nd one is only about 5 cm behind.. so i am happy with their progress.. cos they were very small for age when i got them..in saying all this i have nothing against ppl who want to house their snakes together or apart.. i have done wot i did for space saving and so they had each others company.. i feed seperate and out of the enclosure.. for all of them.. i have had no problems wif any of mine health wise or fighting wise.. etc..it is a personal choice i think..i woodnt probably house 2 snakes together that came from totally different places until a quarantine was done..
Hope this helps..

its abit risky to house them together if they are same size and seperated for feeding should be carefull but keep an ewye on them especialy the hypo

i keep jungles together and diamonds together. separate them at feeding time

500 for a hypo bredli is good if it is the right animal in my opinion

Thanks for your 2 cents. Yes she is being quarentined to start with until shes feeding and handling properly. They are both hypos, my male and the female im getting. I will put her in a click clack type enclosure for now (when i get her next week), and maybe down the line introduce her to the male. By then i will probably have made another enclosure for her anyway. Ive had a think, ill stick to keeping he seperate, im not going to risk loosing either of these gorgeous snakes. Ive got the 1.5 ft squared enclosure. Its wooden so i can easily split it down the middle for now with fly wire (durable mesh) or something similar. Would this be more suitable? If so how and what could i split it with? Im in the middle of building it, and i was going to put a double globe cage in there (one daylight and one nightglo bulb in there. Now if i split it, the light cage will have to be in the middle and hard to access (because of the split being built around it. or have the cage in one of either side. What do you guys reckon? thanks

celeste

About the fish tank enclosure seperation.. u cood use a peice of perspex that is fitting to the inside of the tank so it slots in the centre nicely.. just a thort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back