Gecko Enclosure, Help Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxc_celly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Pretty much im getting 2 sets of geckos, both of which dont need UV, and only need 1-2ft of space to live. Ive opted to get a 3 ft tank and spilt if down the middle and have each breed on either side. How would i do this though, as its glass? I was told Geckos dont need heat in Qld as the weather is pretty regulated for them, is this true? I also want to be able to get into one side of the enclosure, without opening the other. Any ideas at all much appreciated! THX

Celeste

one species adult pair knobtails, and other species are 4 hatchling thicktails. Thanks

:)

Have you asked what the seller keeps them in?

Im sure with the sale of the Knobtails (levis levis) you could probably obtain the current enclosure they are in, if you ask!

you posted in your latest bredli thread that you lack room, so why buy more animals? perhaps you should concentrate on what youve got and making sure they are/will be adequatly housed before racing of to buy more reptiles:rolleyes:
cheers Matt

i dont lack room, i just would rather them upstairs then downstairs. Ive got the 3ft tank spare and it fits perfectly on the wall. so i wanted to use this as the gecko set up split. I have pently of room for click clacks id rather just see them clearly though to view.

You will not be able to view them though. They are nocturnal and hide during the day. Unless you are up all night, that is when your most likely to see them.

I just want the enclosure to look nice in the room (set up well, and look realistic), and they come out at dusk so i would see them breifly at night. Just suggesions on the enclosure being made would be great, ideas needed!

I just want the enclosure to look nice in the room (set up well, and look realistic), and they come out at dusk so i would see them breifly at night. Just suggesions on the enclosure being made would be great, ideas needed!

Mine don't come out till all the lights are off.

Same, both species dont exit their burrows or hides til at least 20-30mins after all lights out (Complete darkness).

Same, both species dont exit their burrows or hides til at least 20-30mins after all lights out (Complete darkness).

my geckos come out just before the suns down, just as its still partially light.
but that could be because i have a different species.

How could i put a glass panal or even a perspex panel in? How could i secure it there. I had this thought, but stubbled across that problem. Any ideas how this could be done?

Im wanting to split this one though, as its just perfect on the wall, and theres not many of the geckos (only need a smaller space). How could i split the 3ft fish tank? thanks!

Its simple, get a piece of glass the same length as the width of the tank and slide it down where you want it.

Its simple, get a piece of glass the same length as the width of the tank and slide it down where you want it.

could you say it one more time please i dont understand:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Its pretty simple really. Just keep reading that one I have already typed and youll eventually get it and YES- I know your being sarcastic.

sxc- just line the sides and bottom with silicone if you want it to be permanently like that. Otherwise, Im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back