I need longer tongs....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hand feed all my snakeys :D
so far i havnt been bitten. hmmm fingers crossed hey. LOL
looks like it got ya a goodin too...
:D
mel

thats what i was just thinking, its a good example to all the "inexperienced newbies" who say but i never use tongs and ive never had a problem, well wake up and realise its just been nothing but luck you havent been bittin, you can buy tongs/foreceps for around $2 from a cheap shop, so why would anyone risk it? you should be proud of yourself for at least setting a GOOD example to all the irresponsible keepers who dont use foreceps/tongs.
cheers Matt

Hahaha Thanks Hix! I will definetly ask to see Hugsta's big tongs next time I see him. :p But will it be big enough?

Chimera you wouldn't believe how completely directly infront of her face the food was.... *shakes* hehehe

Hope they're not the same type I used. Silly me didnt know the plastic thingys came off, and didnt notice until it was too late that my female olive ate the lot. Very expensive meal ;)

Geez louise! That's something that everyone can learn from! Has she got a big scar now?

is it just me or does matt always have something negative to say when he posts?

HMMM nice bite Tat. And nice coastal, she's beautiful. She looks very similar to my boy Boof.

I'm sure you could have squeezed a bit more blood out!

I got tagged the other week by my 3 yr old coastal and geez it got me good. I never knew i could bleed that much. The bite was across 2 fingers on both sides and the blood was going all the way down to my elbow. I wish i had gotten pics of it but unfortuneately i didnt.

That was just a dumb feeding mistake. I smelt like rat, snake tried to escape, i grabbed her, she thought i was food and well the rest tells itself.

suprisingly doesnt hurt. i thought it would too. That was the first time i ever got bitten by a snake that wasnt like 1 month old... but it didnt hurt.

My fingers did go purple and numb for a few days but well... didnt hurt.

While she was on my finger i was thinking 'ahh so this is what its like'. But now i'm not so afraid of being bitten. Its not all that bad.

Hugsta I look forward to it!

Ashs_dreams its usually more the shock isn't it? I've been told the gripping and constricting hurts more than the teeth in skin part.

well my girl had a hell of a grip on me and she was about to swallow me if only i would stop breathing and die but i guess the only thing i felt was the shock of it happening, adrenalin rush i guess. She did grip me tight but well thats nothing i was more worried what her mouth was doing but that wasnt really doing much....

It was all over in about 20 seconds when she realised it wasnt going to work and let go. I didnt try to open her jaws or uncoil her off my hand or anything i was more busy trying to untangle her tail from the enclosure so she wouldnt get hurt.

I really cant say at that time that it hurt. Afterwards like maybe that night or the next day it got a bit sensitive to the touch but then it just went numb...... Didnt bother me.

It looked worse than it felt for sure.

Last edited:
Hehe ouch, definately need bigger tongs =)

Hope they're not the same type I used. Silly me didnt know the plastic thingys came off, and didnt notice until it was too late that my female olive ate the lot. Very expensive meal ;)

That's crazy!!! thanks for sharing, now i won't use those in the future =)

thats what i was just thinking, its a good example to all the "inexperienced newbies" who say but i never use tongs and ive never had a problem, well wake up and realise its just been nothing but luck you havent been bittin, you can buy tongs/foreceps for around $2 from a cheap shop, so why would anyone risk it? you should be proud of yourself for at least setting a GOOD example to all the irresponsible keepers who dont use foreceps/tongs.
cheers Matt

ok.....

Ha Ha!!! :)
Thanks for sharing.
Is this your first bite? I'm glad i got mine over and done with, no what to expect if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back