Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
URS are smart - putting the blue background in there.
It makes the colour stand out in the snake :)

Okay please vote (i should have added a poll lol), which one is hypo if any!

its hard to vote as they both look like hypos but ask again in a year then you will know

Makes it hard then lol. Maybe ill take a gamble and just buy one and hope it looks the same when older! lol.

i know, but ive got a mate thats been tricked before, and bought a hypo carpet looking like a hypo only to grow up to be a normal looking coastal with a little bit or amber colour in the markings. Thats why i made this thread, i wish theyre was a way to tell for sure.!

Herptrader

The one from Herptrader clearly states HYpo. I would have no reason to doubt the seller. Pics of the parents can help a bit. By the way Josho is right.

(C) Posted with permission on http://www.herptrader.com.au

Pretty clear. I believe Josho did'nt want you to get in any grief and told you so you were aware of things. Josho says it as it is - truthfully

You also say that you have been told by someone that one of them is not a hypo. Who told you? Unless they know the history of both snakes and their parents they know jack.

I would say the carpet in the first pic has a good chance of retaining some hypo characteristics, as for the second pic i think it is just an ordinary coastal that is yet to colour up, JMO !

Snake on the left was just put on hold :) Ill add an update of all my animals in a new thread shortly.

Celeste

p.s thanks to everyone for helping out :)

Well, these must hypos as well. :rolleyes:

Most coastal carpets look like hypos as hatchlings. It is not until they get older that the black starts to come through in them. So if they are true hypos it will not be until they are at least a year old before you will be able to tell.

Attachments

• Coastal Carpet.JPG
    Coastal Carpet.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 38
  • Coastal Carpet-1.JPG
    Coastal Carpet-1.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 27
Josho honestly leave my thread alone. Im sick of you people saying did u ask for permission. YES I DID THANK YOU, and theyre shops not privately owned ones. Im simply asking so i dont get ripped off, im just wanting some help! Thanks Zanejb for your help. It says the one on URS is a normal one, but the left picture is supposed to be a hypo. They look the same to me?! Do all coastals look like that as hatchlings? thanks everyone :)

If anything, the URS snake has less black markings than the other one and it is NOT advertised as a hypo. Tim at URS knows his animals and advertises them accordingly. So IMO the other is not hypo either. If it was two yrs old and looked like that I would say it was, but they get black as they get older.

The word 'hypo' is thrown around way to much IMO and most just want to cash in on the idea. There are very few adult hypo coastals around. True Blue has some fine examples of them.

Its on hold pending me thinking about it. Im honestly stumped whether to buy it or not. They say its a hypo but its very cheap so im wondering. It looks very much like the 2 u posted hugsta, but a bit more orange, Its only 4mths old aswell, he has no pics of parents of siblings, so im not sure. what do you guys honestly think?

Did not buy her, suspect shes a normal being sold as a hypo, no parents no sibling etc etc. too risky for me!

so you just jerked em around and wasted there time, i sympathise for them. in one of your recent threads you said you had no more room for animals, so why are you getting more? perhaps just concentrate on what youve got! and spend your money on new enclosures.
cheers Matt

Did not buy her, suspect shes a normal being sold as a hypo, no parents no sibling etc etc. too risky for me!

i was just speaking to the person selling this snake you sent her 20 emails and you came up with a deal then said no will you take a lower price she said ok then you said no sorry iv got to pay for this now so will you take this amount and so on...
i would never sell you anything how dare you waste there time and she said you did the same to her last week with the bredli

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm .. did someone say tyre kicker
I am qualified to say this after numerous emails re a thick tailed gecko I had offered
Sorry but it's true
Sandee :)

sxc_celly i just counted 7 wanted adds for all sorts of animals.
maybe u should think about what you want before you buy.

hahahahaha that is a funny thread;)

I come into this site for helpful kind people and half of what i get is rude people. Last week when i was going to buy the bredli, my father has a car accident and i though it best not to bring another animal into the house at the time. I was told by breeders and many experienced members in this site that this hypo coastal was not a hypo at all, so i did not buy it It may well have been but im not a super experienced herper, so i thought best not to risk it. My reasons are my own. I am finding herps for a freind also hence so many ads for different herps. Please if your not going to help, dont speak! Ive had many people bail out on my even after making a deposit. If your not going to be nice about it please dont even bother posting on this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back