Stop the dolphin and whale killings in Taiji

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond_girl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Sorry all to be annoying if i am but i just got sent this video and it upset me alot .You may not all have sound to hear the narrator. You may not even need to see this terrible footage to the end, to sign the petition. I know of a lot of cruelty in the way farm animals are treated (and slaughtered) as a result of factory farming but I did not imagine such methods as the ones presented here, could be in use. Do not let children see this footage.
Video http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/golfinho/petition.html

please sign :cry:

Many scientific studies show that the oceans are in decline.
If the oceans are in decline why are they rising?
Is there any evidence to suggest what they are doing is not sustainable?

I think they need to be humanely killed but the japanese arnt allowed guns, so im not sure how they could do that. From what i have seen the methods used for killling whales are more humane than most fishing practices anyway.

I think they need to be humanely killed but the japanese arnt allowed guns, so im not sure how they could do that. From what i have seen the methods used for killling whales are more humane than most fishing practices anyway.

Jeez Cris, I hope your wearing a chain mail suit locked inside a safe!

***? Hey, I think people should be humanely killed as there are too many of them, but whales? Their population is only 11% of what it was 150 years ago. *shakes head in astonishment.... and I will leave it at that*

umm i couldnt view it, looks like im not the only one. but i do think its really really wrong, and i also think that petitions do nothing:(

to me there is no humane way of killing and endagered animal especially whales and dolphins

I once told a dolphin watch crew that I'd only go on their boat if I could take a harpoon. Now that was one very funny response.

Seriously though I am a bit tired of the "save the whale and save the dolphin" rhetoric that is plastered all over the place. Whales and dolphins are more protected now than ever and in the overall scheme of things very few are taken. There are for more endangered species of marine life that never get a mention, such as several of the tuna species and marlin. And everybody conveniently forgets that hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of tonnes of sharks that are dumped back into the ocean after they have had their fins removed leaving them to drown to death.

So if your serious about saving the worlds marine life then start looking at those that are less "cuddly".

For those who can't view it from clicking the link, cut and paste it into your browser.

As for my comments on it... GET OVER IT YOU GREENIES! Yes it was a cruel death and it would be better if they were killed the second they were rounded up. But they weren't and there is nothing you can do about it until this company has a more economical way of slaughtering them.

Oh my God don't let the children see it!!! Kids will get over it and it isn't that bad for them to understand where the meat they eat comes from.

if i seen petitions and things about sharks i would sign that too any. No animal deserves to be treated like that . i think that any person who does anything like that to an animal should be shot in the gut and left to die . fair enough we eat cows and stuff but in no way are they killed like that they have an instant death not slow and painful. as for kids should know bout it your right they should watch it so they can see how inhumane and sick people are so when the get older hopefully they can live in a better world and stand up for stuff as most of us are to gutless and lazy im sure you would think different if it was a reptile

No animal deserves to be treated like that . i think that any person who does anything like that to an animal should be shot in the gut and left to die .

so its alright to be cruel to humans then! why dont you pratice what you preach! are you a vegetarian?? even plants feel pain its scientifically proven, so what do you eat??
cheers Matt

Are there any real studies that show that dolphin populations are endangered?

Dolphin populations have never been endangered. There has not been a commercial market for harvesting them like the whales. True some have been caught in commercial fishing nets but not enough to remotely affect their population level.

Dolphins make most people feel warm and fuzzy so the Greenies use them as their status symbol while hiding the true facts about less agreeable creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back