Vego's!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one stomach and sharp teeth, they weren't designed for a diet of all rabbit food. Mind you I think rabbits also have one stomach and sharp teeth. Ohh well...

what a joke! go stand in front of a mirror than smile, now look at your teeth, you have two canine teeth and between them four incisers, these teeth a specifically designed for cutting meat! we as humans have evolved over tens of thousands of years to have teeth in our heads to eat meat.
cheers Matt

Just incase anyone wants to read up on animal cruelty....
http://www.animal-lib.org.au/lists/list.shtml

I was a vegetarian for 5 years..now I eat just little bits (ie mixed in like stirfry, with rice...but not steak or anything like that..and I do like prawns) One older sister of mine was a vegetarian for 7 years until she was overseas and had to eat meat so as not to offend her hosts. Got sick from it and now is trying to eat bits of meat 'to make herself healthier' for her impending pregnancy.
My other older sister has been a solid strong vegetarian (no fish for any of us ofcourse) for 14years. But is now also starting to reconsider the health aspect of caring for animals due to her impending pregnancy.
*shrugs* each to their own.
We all tried to turn our other sister who wouldn't have a bar of it. So now we just do what we like, inform other people and let them make their own descisions. (sp?)

We have one stomach and sharp teeth, they weren't designed for a diet of all rabbit food. Mind you I think rabbits also have one stomach and sharp teeth. Ohh well...

We also have an appendix that over the thousands of years has not been used to the point that it is now a useless organ that causes hassles (ie appendesits -sp! no idea how to spell that) and you'll find that with our combination of flat and sharp teeth, we were designed to be omnivores.. Which makes complete sense with the hunter-gather type way.
So eating meat every now and then, whilst predominantly collecting vegie type stuff was what was intended..way back when.

hehehe look at how obese our nation is! That's a combination of processed foods, lack of excersise, and waaayy too much meat.
(well that's what my research has taught me anyway).

can vegans drink alcohol and eat bread?

something i've always wonndered cos yeast is a living thing,...

And then what about the microbes used in shampoo? There's some sort of 'living' organisms in that stuff too. *shrug*

what a joke! go stand in front of a mirror than smile, now look at your teeth, you have two canine teeth and between them four incisers, these teeth a specifically designed for cutting meat! we as humans have evolved over tens of thousands of years to have teeth in our heads to eat meat.
cheers Matt

It was only a joke, I realise we are designed for meat, I was comparing ourselves to cows hence the 1 stomach and sharp teeth, then I realised rabbits also fit into that catagory although for different reasons. Don't worry there is nothing I like more then a good steak.

to all u ppl that are saying we were designed to eat meat....

did any of us EVER say that we weren't? we have all been pointing out that it is our everyday choice.... and yes we can survive without it does anyone disagree?

Someone is beginning to sound ALOT like that annoying ad :lol:

I don't understand what people have wrong with vegetarians hahaha!
It's not as if we're trying to turn everyone.

Let me remind you that this is not a "slag off vegetarians" thread

humans are designed to eat two thirds vegetable matter, one third meat, so yes you should have more vegetable matter than meat, but in todays society its more like 75% meat 25% vegetable matter that people now consume. i must also say that most people ive met who are true vegetarians seem to be very thin and gaunt in appearence, i would definatly say the lack of meat altogether is not good at all.
cheers Matt

humans are designed to eat two thirds vegetable matter, one third meat, so yes you should have more vegetable matter than meat, but in todays society its more like 75% meat 25% vegetable matter that people now consume. i must also say that most people ive met who are true vegetarians seem to be very thin and gaunt in appearence, i would definatly say the lack of meat altogether is not good at all.
cheers Matt

hmmmmmm well im a curvy and healthy size 12-14....

dude are any of us saying that we werent designed to eat meat!!!! jeez does no one listen anymore????

who is a professed vego so far that eats fish?? any takers, dairy, eggs???

I can understand people who simply dont like eating meat, fair enough.

But........

For those Vegos out there that dont eat meat simply because they dont like the idea of killing animals for food, or consider it cruel in anyway, could you please stop wearing leather shoes.... gosh!! :p

Im not a complete vego but try to limit meat to only a few days a week. My reasons for not eating meet is not becaus i dont want to harm the animals but rather as a measure to protect the environment. Did you know 10 times the ammount of land is required to get the equivalent amount of energy from meat than vegetables. This is becaus alot of energy is lost in the transfer from plants to animal. My Sister has been a vegetarian for 16 - 17 years now, and had two children in that time. She looks completly healthy and doesnt have any related health issues.

dude are any of us saying that we werent designed to eat meat!!!! jeez does no one listen anymore????

They obviously don't.

I know we were designed to eat meat, but unlike other animals etc we CAN live without it.

All I know is, I'm 100% happier & healthier being vegan :)

I'd be pretty unhappy without my steak.

Most of the vegos I've met have been pale and generally look UNwell. But thats just my experience. :)

Most of the vegos I've met have been pale and generally look UNwell. But thats just my experience. :)

I bet you've met one vego ahaha.

I'm pale - maybe due to the fact that my dad is english.
Or maybe it's because I'm a dirty hippie??

Get these disgusting carnivorous murderers out of our thread :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back