Post a pic of your blonde!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Would love to see pics of your blondes...very interested in colour variation and pattern in these little guys...

These two are both from Ad on this site, both beautiful animals, but both quite different. The male has pale honey tones and brown markings, the female is incredibly pale, with almost black markings.

100_7912.jpg

100_7911.jpg

Got confused there for a min LOL:lol: Thought the first pic was one snake :p

They're gorgeous! :)

I'm hoping to get some nice ones soon.

lol i was going to post pics but when i saw yours saz i changed my mind :):):):)

some of mine but bad pics

Attachments

• 105_0588.JPG
    105_0588.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 130
  • 104_0483.jpg
    104_0483.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 180
Very nice Tristis, MORE PICS!!! Do yours all come from the same line? Very nice looking adults.

Does anyone have pics of a hatchling that is now an adult? I'd like to know if the two animals pictured will get darker or lighter by the time they are adults. Currently the male is staying the same colourwise but the female is getting lighter each shed, when I saw her after her last shed she took my breath away, couldn't believe how light she had gone.

Post your pics Hobbo1972!!!

Saz there all diffrent lines.
some babys go dark then lighten back up when they get older other stay light and get lighter. buy 2 years they should be at the adult colour stage so to speak.
same snake just year later

Attachments

• 102_0273.JPG
    102_0273.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 106_0609.JPG
    106_0609.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 99
My girl is on shed, should shed in a few days after that I will take some updated pics of her.

Your blondes are amazing Saz!

Hey Saz,

Here's my boy Norman from Ad as well. not sure if he is a bro to yours though...but Ad certainly had some beauties there.

These were just after a shed when I first got him
norman007.jpg

norman005.jpg

This was about February so he was about 2.5mths or so
normanandeddie005-2.jpg

Mickey

heres a pic from my line of blondes, all hatchys sold, but can take orders for next lot in january 2008.
cheers Matt
llkk019.jpg

here is one of mine (sorry used this pic a few times)

Attachments

• IMG_5366crp.jpg
    IMG_5366crp.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 88
I've been thinking about getting a Childern's Python. How are they?

all spices from the childerns python familey handle great most of the time and make godd bigners snakes to

If I were to get one it would be my 11th snake!! :) :) haha i'm starting my own little zoo...haha :) just kidding. Most of my snakes are rainforest snakes and require extremely high humidity levels, and I'm trying to find a couple of breeds that just stick out at me as wonderful snakes to own, so that I can start breeding projects. I purchased my first Woma P and fell in love..

I've not ever heard anything about them. I don't even know of anyone that owns one in the states. I wish i lived in Australia! You guys have some remarkable animals!! :)

I've been thinking about getting a Childern's Python. How are they?
Nice little species. Only grow to around 1-1.2 max usually and have a head about the nice of an adults thumb. For the majority they are very placid and reluctant to bite, however, like any species you may get the occasional bitey one. I find them all a joy to own to be around. I used a female childrens recently to promote a wildlife park at the rocks visitors centre in sydney. I had her out most of the day, letting people hold her, getting photos with her etc and she was FANTASTIC all day. She never got stressed out and remained very calm. We did give her a rest for awhile ofcourse but she was great.

Some people do find them boring, i can understand why with them being very small and average coloured. However, i think they have alot of 'personality' for a snake. I'd definately reccommend one if you don't have any already. They would be a cool little addition to your collection

Thanks for the information. I like snakes that I can handle, and don't have to worry about too much. I love my reptiles, some more than others, and I'm not always attracted to them by color but by how rare they are. And here....any Australian kept reptile is very rare and attractive to me.

What are their temp requirements, do they need humidity?

Thanks for the information. I like snakes that I can handle, and don't have to worry about too much. I love my reptiles, some more than others, and I'm not always attracted to them by color but by how rare they are. And here....any Australian kept reptile is very rare and attractive to me.

What are their temp requirements, do they need humidity?
Humidity isn't really an issue with these guys. Provided you have their heating right and a water bowl in the enclosure you shouldn't have to worry about the humidity.

In regards to temps you'd want a gradient ranging from about 95 in the hot end down to around 68-75 in the cool end (usually closer to 75). You can happily keep them like this all year if you please or you could cool them over winter to 75 in the warm and 64 in the cool end, but at these temps they will do alot of hiding, even during then night when they typically come out and roam around.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Josh =0)

It does thanks! Just out of curiosity...what do you keep your Woma P's heat at?

It does thanks! Just out of curiosity...what do you keep your Woma P's heat at?
Well at the moment i don't have her at my place as she is away breeding (checked her on friday and their was definate alignment with possible intromission (i didn't want to disturb them too much) as i couldn't see all the well as the were hiding under the paper substrate. I dropped of a breeding box to the guy to make checking on them easier.

However, when i do get her back it'll be around 95F in the hot end down to around 76F in the cool end. I haven't decided yet whether i will cool her every night or just approaching breeding season again next year but if i do cool overnight it'll go down to 68 of a night.

What size enclosure do you have, and what type of heat source do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back