Sea Snake studies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

esaltau

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to study sea snakes for my honours degree but can't find anyone who's studying them. I know there must be some people out there ( in Aust. or overseas) that are studying them but i can't find them.
Soooo, anyone who knows of person who is studying sea snakes or even a university or institute that's involved with a study, that information would be really appreciated!!!
thanks guys

try rick shines, as mentioned above. i was only talking to him about 4 months ago about some research in that field, i dont know if he was very involved but he may be very helpful!!
good luck!!

thanks guys. I feel, however, that i should add that i have already tried rick shine and he does not plan on extending his sea snake research any further than the one student he already has studying them. He suggested a few people to look up but i got no love from them.
Dr. Fry looks like a cool guy but i am neither interested enough by venom nor qualified enough to study it. I would definately be more in the ecology, behaviour feild.
any further help you could give me would be much appreciated
thanks

Hi esaltau,

Dr Janet Lanyon <http://profiles.bacs.uq.edu.au/Janet.Lanyon> at the University of Queensland has had a few students studying sea snakes. I was going to do a sea snake project with her for honours until I found out I get horrendously sea sick. So I went with crocodiles instead. Anyway, Janet's a lovely and friend person, so if you're still looking, give her a try.

Hope that helps,

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back