my snake isnt sheading

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richboy89

Reaction score
my coastal shead more than a month ago and his eyes havnt even started to turn milky yet is that ok. because that last time he shead was more than 5 weeks ago. he is still a hatchling like 3 months old

yep, they shed as they need to as they grow, some quicker or slower than others. you don't need to worry yet. What and how often is he feeding?

The time it takes for them to shed can vary. All depending on food, temps etc etc. I wouldn't be too concerned as of yet, my diamonds usually shed ruffly once a month but this time one of them took about 7 weeks for no apparant reason.

ok cool thanks heaps. yeh i feed him once a week one fuzzies. and hes been growin pretty quick.

He'll shed when he's ready just check him after he does shed to make sure it all comes off nicely, you don't want to leave any shed on him, aaah the anticipation of a shed.......

hah yeah i hope this time its whole because last time it was all in peices lol

If its in pieces he may need slightly more humidity, when in shed just place his water bowl closer to the heat source and this can help...

i have two bowls a smaller one richt ontop of the heat matt and one on the other side of the encloser.

My SW Carpet sheds quite well, everytime has been in 1 peice so far...

Make sure the water bowl is big enough so he can soak in it and completly submerse his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back