should I keep records of fedding and shedding????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey I did start with the record books for my first 2 snakes but got lazy and lost all sence of everything half way through it. What would you suguest me do with continueing with it??? Should I start a hole new book for them or don't worry bought it??? What do you think??

Jody

i record all my snakes feeds and sheds in a seperate notepad, knowing that if i ever need it i have it. i think its a good idea.

i have my own program on the computer that keeps a record of every snake feed and shed, the date of which either happend and so forth. its a good idea incase a snake becomes ill, or u sell it.

so start from scratch again???

I'm not sure if I should continue with the one that I started about the beginning of last year and continue from now and onwards or start a hole new program from now and onwards.

jody

i have all my snakes feeds writen on the calendar so i know exactly when they last ate and wot they ate.. i goes like storm 1pr = pink rat or hr for hopper rat.. or woteva

i keep hatchling records until they sell ( and i then give the new owner the records ) or if i'm keeping them until about 12 months of age,

i hope you back yours up mel, i had mine on the computer and lost the lot, i stopped recording my adults after that happened................

we keep a record of all feeding, shedding etc on a card system - which is attached via an envelope on the side of the enclosure. This seems to work well for us as it is handy at feending time

ok thanx everyone

I am going to start a new one for my BHP's the others are large and on a weekly - fortnightly feed of 1LR p/w - 1LR +1MR p/f so there fine very healthy snakes and both at the 6.3" mark.

Thanx for your replies.

Jody

yeh Herp Care Software is a free program from the net if you type it in google you shoudl find it. It is a great program i use

what is the point in keeping such records? I can understand with hatchlings, but apart from that why bother?

what is the point in keeping such records? I can understand with hatchlings, but apart from that why bother?

I suppose it's for, if the snake gets sick and the vet needs to know, when it last ate, when it last shed etc?

dates and details of them that is!

not the actual feeds sheds and poops!! yuk! lol

I keep records of when they shed,last feed, pooped and other anomolies along the way.I just cant remember every feed, so records help me.I remember with one of my dp's i thought she had not been pooping regularly, checking my records i realizied something was wrong .Upon inspection of her i found a hard lump near the cloaca,with a good crawl around the back yard, a warm bath ,and then a massage the offending object was removed:-which was a large uric stone.you should have seen the amount of poo that a came out, i didnt think she would stop.

oooow poor thing

good thing you kept the records them hey.
Well I know when there up for a feed the normally let me know buy sliding there body up and down the door of the cages. I feed them once a week or once a fortnight depending on how things are, there due for a feed today or tomorrow for there fortnightly feed, so I'll start jotting it down in there record books. shedings about once a month each and they poop all the time mostly once a week depending on how much they got fed last.

jody

I write down feed (including what i fed the snake e.g. rat or mouse) and shed dates. That way i know how long it has been between feeds so that he doesn't get over fed. If you have a good memory you probably wouldn't need to keep one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back