unusual romantic meetings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met my partner of two and a half years when he and a friend of his (who had a crush on me, which I didnt know) came around to my house in the middle of the night. I snuck out to see them and fell for the tall dark stranger, not the guy who had the crush on me! Oops! and then Chris came back on his own the next night...and the night after that... and the one after that.
Don't tell my parents! they still dont know. But we are now living together and moved states to stay together so its all ok. :D

I had known my now wife for many years in the private flying fraternity. She was living with someone at the time, whom I knew very well too. That romance split. She often did Saturday nights on a local community radio station, 5PBA, and I was home with a flagon of port and phoned the station for a request. I asked her if she wanted to drop around on her way home. She has been with me ever since! I had lived on my own for about 15 years so it took quite a while to get used to someone else being in my house. After living together for 6 years she got pregnant. Daughter popped along and a year after that we got married.
Gee, I've done some stupid things in my life!! :cry:

Nah, only joking, it's not all bad!

apparently the first time my hubby met me was when i served him at the post office (i dont remember that) it was a saturday and we were allowed to wear anything we wanted, so of course i had black and pink hair, studded wrist bands up to my elbows ,giant scary headstomping boots and a mastodon t-shirt. :D

but the first time that I actually remember meeting him was at a gig. it was the norm for me and my mates (all guys with good taste in music) to go to the gig at the pub on a sunday arvy and from there straight to church (yes i wore the same things to both....what can i say, we had some cool little old ladies at my church who liked my striped stockings)
One day probably about the 5th or 6th gig that we went to , i went up to the bar to get a drink, and when i got back this bloke was talking to my mates. He seemed kinda nice, but we only spoke for a minute, then he had to go play, he actually spent most of the time talking to my friends.
Well long story short, his mum came into my work the next day, introduced herself and then told me that her son had a crush on me. (i nearly died laughing)
We kept running into each other at gigs, found out we had alot of mutual friends, and our second wedding anniversary is new years eve this year. Im expecting our first child in november :D

I didnt tell him what his mum had said untill after we were married ; )

My (now) fiance only asked me out to annoy another guy that was trying to get with me (the same guy who introduced us). I think if I'd known that at the time i would have called him a tosser and walked away lol... but we're getting married in August- Yay! I'm pretty sure this will work- just moved house last weekend and he had to put up with my mum lol... if he can handle that he can handle anything!

:D yup i figured that if i'd told him sooner he would've been so embarrassed that he never would've spoken to me again! lol.

now it's the family joke! :0

Hi Phatomcat......what a great mum he has! A lot of them think that no-one is quite good enough for their precious sons! LOL Here's hoping that she encouraged you pair to getogether and not the opposite! LOL

lol yup it was pretty funny at the time (still is actually) but she's great(almost as good as her son ;) ) so often you hear horror mother-in-law stories, guess i was just very lucky. :)

But yeah he still cops a bit of teasing from our families lol. :) all a sign of affection i assure you :D

Whaaaaaat??????

So romance is NOT dead?
When was this annouced!
Why did i not receive the MySpace bulletin!

lol cause you made the mistake of looking on myspace!!!
:)

any yeah there are some really cute stories in here, made my day anyway.

Only my parents! LOL. But yes, you are right, a bigger commitment than a marriage certificate is us co-signing for our mortgage! And a lot more costly and messier to get out of! But we do want to do it the traditional way.
:D

Fair enough. :D

Militant Vixen - I'm in Queanbeyan too. *waves* :)

met some people on an online car forum, whom i am still good mates with and one of them was having a party at a friends place, so he invited me.... turns out about 18 months after the party we got together! and have been going strong now for 18 months, living together since october last year, i figure if she can put up with me shes gotta be a keeper!

I met my beau at a favourite cafe where he is a barista. How I managed never to notice him before is a complete puzzle to me.

We chatted for a bit, then a few days later I sent him a large bunch of flowers accompanied by a card asking if he remembered me and if he would like to go out to dinner some time. He did, and he would. YAY, because aswell as being a barista and making a mean coffee he also comes with the added benefits of being a massage therapist, model and designer. Really, what more could a girl ask for? :D

Sometimes it pays to take the initiative!!

hubby and I met online...ICQ messenger....

he had random chatted a mate of mine (old enough to be my mum) and he'd asked her if she knew anyone his age...she said no...but then i popped online and it all began there!

About three or so weeks later I came to WA for a holiday, and to check him out....fell in love before I'd even left the airport (he kissed me and i was a puddle on the floor!!)
Was here for two weeks- then went back and packed up my flat in downtown Dapto, and bought my little girl and me back to perth. That was Dec 2000 when we arrived...got the keys to our first house (we built) on Oct 9th 2001, and were handfasted (legally) on October 27th. Been together ever since...still trying for human babies...practice is fun!

I dont have one of these stories, I guess to meet people I would actually need to have time to go somewhere other than work :p

Hi militant vixen and nickamon, I was starting to think I was the only one on here from Queanbeyan!! I think I was for a long time, about time a few more locals got on here :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back