bulk rodent food or mix you use?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
where can i get bulk rodent pellets on the northside of bris, also what mixes do people use insted of rat pellets?

Good ol dog bickies is my number one rat food, cheap and reasonably nutritous. Even better if the rats are given vegies every couple of days.
Heard they looooooove mollassess dripped over their food but havent done it yet. Would have to be good for them too in small doses.

You should be able to get Barastoc rat and mouse cubes from a co op otherwise contact your local UNI they might be able to help

yea i can get them but they are 2 expensiveand in 2kg bags, i want 10-20kg

i use sheep pellets to feed my mice and rats
i think the bags 30 or 40 kilos and costs about $35

bio mare cubes,working horse mix,hobby farm mix, they are all under $30 for 20kg and available from any feed store.

Barastoc apparently has a factory in Wacol Qld, I pay $23 for 20kg bags in NSW

I pay just under $30 for 16kg bags of Gordon's Rat & Mouse Food. The stuff is gold!

Organic rodent cubes from Aus Organics at Greenmount near Toowoomba
get a few mates together and order a pallet
works out at about $16.00 per bag ( 20 kg bag)

i have found a product called sheeps nuts made by riverina produce. $14.00 for 20kg and also feed dog kibble and vege scraps.
cheers:)

geez, b4 i started the thread didnt know what ones there were, now theres so many i'm confused

i have found a product called sheeps nuts made by riverina produce. $14.00 for 20kg and also feed dog kibble and vege scraps.
cheers:)

i was using that brand for awhile to but it was a bit dearer than that where i was getting it from

I feed Bio Mare cubes , Furneys workhorse mix , ,whole maize in winter , and dog bits . T o this i add diced carrots , pumpkin , and any vegies i can get at the right price . I have had very good results with this mix for a number of years and as i have around 700 young rodents i have to get good results from my rodent feed . Living where you do there was a produce merchant in i think Beerwah that was selling deer pellets that rodent breeders swore by but that was about 5 years ago .
I considered changing to the Deer pellets but had to purchase in i ton lots for delivery .
Barry

That was meant to read i have 700 new rodents born each week and will soon be doubling that number
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back