Does anyone use heated rooms?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here uses the method of heating a whole room instead of individual heating for enclosures? And if so does it work out to be cheaper? And what kind of heater do you use? thanks.

Can't possibly imagine it would be cheaper - unless you were also cold/cold blooded. i know our electricity bills sky-rocket in winter purely because the bedroom heater is on... but then.. i live in queenland..

yer I heat a whole room ( mainly for fish) , just use a heater type thingy on a plug timer , easyness!

It would be ok to provide part of the heating, eg. if you live in a cold climate you could use it to heat the room upto the mid - low 20s but you will still need to provide a hot area/spot to allow the snake to regulate its temp.

It would be ok to provide part of the heating, eg. if you live in a cold climate you could use it to heat the room upto the mid - low 20s but you will still need to provide a hot area/spot to allow the snake to regulate its temp.

Spot on :D - works in brissys winter? as well

I heat the whole room as in winter it gets minus 10 degrees out side so I heat the whole room to 20 degrees and then the enclosure heaters do the rest.
if you heat the room to hot they wont be able to find a cool spot

I keep the room I keep my snake in at a constant 23-24 deg C. Have a basking spot that the snakes can move to. All my snakes seem happy... Lucky my employer pays me electricity bills :) Gets over 40 in the summer and drops below zero during the winter...

my herp room is always warmish from all the heat globes etc. so that creates a low temp that keeps the room above cold, then the globes in each individual tank does the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back