Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickamon

Reaction score
Hey fellow Cranberry kids,

just a short note to let you know that Petland (56 Colbee Court, Phillip) sell frozen mice and rats. I got hoppers for $1 a pop last weekend. Woot!

:)

That's one helluva trip just to get mice.

;)
IsK

i was wondering how many other ACT keepers where on this.. good to see.
Im having a go at breeding them, its piece of mind to know the rats are top health.. feeding them fresh veggies etc as well as the normal foods etc. and fresh not thawed!
they seem to look a lot better after a fresh healthy meal

I will have to go and buy some today then.... I have gone through soooo many mice lately and rats that it is sending me broke.. I like my snakes fat,, and they are becoming demanding haha!!

Thanks Nickamon.. Are you in Canberra? I haVen't met many people here in Canberra district to network with.....

Hi XRush... think we met at the airport when you got your Jungles... saw the tattoo art and thought it may be you...I am the woman who was waiting for geckos... Have snakes too.

Hi cmclean,

I live in Queanbeyan, but I've lived in Cranberry for years. I'd be keen to meet more people outside of the reptile club (they were real cliquish when I went, just not welcoming of newbies).

Hi Nickamon,,, quess what,, I am in Queanbeyan too.. small world.. I would love to catch up with you and meet someone into herps in my district. I have lived in Canberra most of my early life and then went bush.. I wish I was still back there.. I went to the meeting in Canberra once myself, and found them the same.. very clicky and certainly not willing to network with Newbies...What a pity. they are missing the experience of meeting new and lovely people..

Hi Nickamon,,, quess what,, I am in Queanbeyan too.. small world.. I would love to catch up with you and meet someone into herps in my district. I have lived in Canberra most of my early life and then went bush.. I wish I was still back there.. I went to the meeting in Canberra once myself, and found them the same.. very clicky and certainly not willing to network with Newbies...What a pity. they are missing the experience of meeting new and lovely people..

Just sent you a PM. :)

i was wondering how many other ACT keepers where on this.. good to see.
Im having a go at breeding them, its piece of mind to know the rats are top health.. feeding them fresh veggies etc as well as the normal foods etc. and fresh not thawed!
they seem to look a lot better after a fresh healthy meal

How's the breeding going? If I had many snakes, I'd do it too.

Hi XRush... think we met at the airport when you got your Jungles... saw the tattoo art and thought it may be you...I am the woman who was waiting for geckos... Have snakes too.

yeah my wife met you there, yeah guys it sucks trying to meet other keepers in ACT. everyone wants to see what everyone else has but we also hold the paranoier of having our beloveds stolen if peeps know where you live... wouldnt it be great if scumbags didnt steal reptiles.

I work at freestyle tattoo on northbourne Ave in the city if anyone wants to pop in... get a reptile tattoo dammit!!!
(i always push snake tats on peaple ha)

Northbourne avenue

I will drop in and say hello then... I am a sociable things sometimes haha!!! bit like my reptiles.... like it quiet.
Yes, the paranoa of being ripped off limits alot of gatherings, we just need to get a nice crew of people together and have nice informal lunches even... coffees...
Come on Canberra/Queanbeyan people, lets get together for a nice lunch sometime and get acquainted.. If you make friends even better.. If you tell them where you live.. up too you, but I would hope there are not that many people out there too rip us off... Money does make strange ethics come out in some people.

I would be in for a get together,, those in QBN,, lets meet up...
Nicole and I are meeting up for coffee on Saturday, anyone want to join us?

Northbourne avenue

I will drop in and say hello then... I am a sociable things sometimes haha!!! bit like my reptiles.... like it quiet.
Yes, the paranoa of being ripped off limits alot of gatherings, we just need to get a nice crew of people together and have nice informal lunches even... coffees...
Come on Canberra/Queanbeyan people, lets get together for a nice lunch sometime and get acquainted.. If you make friends even better.. If you tell them where you live.. up too you, but I would hope there are not that many people out there too rip us off... Money does make strange ethics come out in some people.

I would be in for a get together,, those in QBN,, lets meet up... and Canberra folks too...
Just because we are over the border doesn't mean we can't enjoy and learn from each other.
Nicole and I are meeting up for coffee on Saturday, anyone want to join us?

I get my mice/rats from peter childs (reptiles inc. previously known as canberra exotics) over in Kambah. he has some fantastic setups there, I spend about an hour just browsing every time I go there :p

would love to come say Hi on saturday... but my daughter is having a 7th birthday party, so i will have to pass this time. definately next time though! count me in

depends what time sat... maybe we should organise an easy time a few weeks ahead so we can all make it

Hi guys and gals. I thought id just add to the post and say that i live in queanbeyan aswell. I dont have any snakes yet. Im doing abit of reaserch at the moment and trying to source the best place to get my herps from. Just a quick question, do any of you have a diamond ? are they hard to keep with the summer heat ?
cheers guys

Im in Canberra too. From the south side. I won two Eastern long necks, and purchased my first snake (Jungle Python) a few months ago. Unfortunately the brother in law that was house sitting for me while I was on holidays in QLD, left the door slightly open, and he escaped. No where to be seen, so my new snake arrives from SA tomorow! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back