RK to AK???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyuranus microlepid

Reaction score
hello all, as some of you would know i have an NPWS reptile keeper's licence, i sent it back in april, like everyone else, and i got sent back a form saying "ANIMAL KEEPER'S LICENCE" is this right? it now says AKand some numbers, my licence says RK(numbers)
the demo is for an australian king parrot as well... totally beyond me...

anyone else? or is this just an accident?

Maybe they have changed something, because if it was for birds it would say BK (Bird Keeper).

isnt it just a generic book that you use for whatever you keep, but if you have birds and reptiles they must be recorded in seperate books?

isnt it just a generic book that you use for whatever you keep, but if you have birds and reptiles they must be recorded in seperate books?

my theory is that they might have changed it to a 'recreational' 'animal in general' licence like qld

does qld's licence cover birds etc as well? or is it just amphibians and reptiles

Last edited:
I got that one and was wondering about it. Do we put down AK as is on the book or RK as is on the license when we buy or sell ?

hello all, as some of you would know i have an NPWS reptile keeper's licence, i sent it back in april, like everyone else, and i got sent back a form saying "ANIMAL KEEPER'S LICENCE" is this right? it now says AKand some numbers, my licence says RK(numbers)
the demo is for an australian king parrot as well... totally beyond me...

anyone else? or is this just an accident?
You sent back your licence or fauna book? What does this form ask you to do?
Otherwise the fauna record books have always covered birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals and come standard with the "King Parrot" demo sheet stapled to them.

well us Victorians do it right, we have a "wildlife" licence, thats right "wildlife"!

qld can keep reptiles and birds on the same licence and in the same book, i do,

I think its just a generic book so that it can be used for all keepers- birds, fish, reptiles etc
I guess it may make things a bit easier from their aspect.
I'm still treating it as normal and not really to concerned.

I have had AKL come back also on my book as well as a couple of import and export licences, think the system is being changed. But the bird stuff is totally separate to the reptile.

The books have always been generic and have nothing to do with your licence number (RK).
You also cannot keep amphibians on an RK.

In NSW they have combined the various licences under one banner, the animal keepers licence (AKL). You still have to have endorsments for the various types, eg reptile, amphibian or bird but now you only have one book to fill in.

So when I make a transaction from now on do I use my RK or AKL number?

use your AKL number from now on.

From what DEC told us at the HHS meeting some of the species codes may also change. Dont know when this change will take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back