• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

reptile freight boxes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Reaction score
hi guys
i have been making some boxes which i am calling repti-crate
they are plywood boxes measuring 300mm long x 155mm wide x 140mm high , have sliding tops and weigh 690 grams perfect for airfreighting reptiles

they cost $10 each and if you are interested send me a pm
i am located in vic but willing to post

thanks shane

and a couple of pics
DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

are these compliant to the new AAE rules for snakes over 60cm?

are these compliant to the new AAE rules for snakes over 60cm?

as far as i know after my last visit to them a snake over 60cm has to be bagged and put in a wooden box with a minimum 3mm thickness

but if that not right let me know what the new rules are

as of two or three weeks ago, I was informed by the stamp licker when I was sending a hatchling olive in a money bag placed inside a plastic Tuppaware ventilated container to NSW from Melbourne that the new rules said I had to have the non venomous snake in a bag, placed inside a wooden box, I asked to see a copy of these rules, and it clearly stated that all non venomous snakes under 60cm can be placed in a breathable bag and put into a clear plastic container with crumbled paper (which it was), and that all non venomous snakes 60cm and over and all lizards are to be placed in a container within a wooden crate, there was nothing about the 3mm thickness then.

So all snakes now over 60cm have to be in a wooden box?
What about a white polystirine box?

Robbo, where in Vic are you, I am interested in a couple if you are not too far away

The choices for a wooden box are either:

Water resistant hardboard
Water resistant fibreboard
Minimum 3 ply plywood

This is info I received just recently when enquring about freight. From what I can see of the pic above that looks like 3 ply? They look pretty good :D

i also have a smaller version to

150mm wide x 155mm wide x 140mm high and weighs 380 grams

these cost $8 and are made the same way as the larger one

DSC_0118.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back