very p'd off with aae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can fly reptiles into Newcastle..I used Brisbane as a link between melbourne and newcastle to get some stuff here last wednesday..Brindabella fly them in and out of Newcastle but only to brisbane and visa versa..They are the only ones who will do it for Newcastle...Although I had some geckos arrive on a qantaslink last week???????so who really knows??

I reckon the prices they've been charging lately it would be cheaper to drive there and pick the animals up yourself lol, any excuse for a road trip.

Simone.

No news from AAE yet as the meeting with Quantas link did not happen until yesterday arvo so I'll ask again today.

This was mentioned in an earlier thread, it is not AAE, they are willing to freight, it is Q-LINK pilots, Sunstate air O(Q-Link operators) want to fly the reptiles, the pilots dont! They have the final say even if the company says we can fly reptiles, the pilot can tell ground crew to unload!

you could try fastway couriers -I was told they will take stuff (geckos- dont know about snakes tho:? )

I wouldn't go with Fastways. No only myself but a couple of other people I know have had stuff stolen when freighting with them. Just a note up to you though.

Cheers

Update

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with AAE. They are changing the rules again to allow reptiles on the Dash-8 Aircraft (the ones that fly into "regional" areas) however this will take 2-3 months to be implemented.

Cheers

I wouldn't go with Fastways. No only myself but a couple of other people I know have had stuff stolen when freighting with them. Just a note up to you though.

Cheers

thanks for the heads up sengir

Just had a perfect freight with AAE yesterday from Townsville to Brisbane, no dramas at all.

Townsville and Cairns are fine. It is places like Mackay, Gladstone, Rockhampton, emerald etc that are affected. The airports that use the smaller Dash-8 aircraft. Your luck you can still freight reptiles from your town.
Cheers

Finally a solid answer (they have laminated the memo and stuck it to the wall so it must be seriuos).
Brisban and Cairns are ok
Rockie and Mackay are ok anyday but only on freight aircraft.
All other regional ports are Monday to Thursday only, freight aircraft only and recommended to book/enquire a week in advance to get your flights right.
To save further restrictions, we have been advised again to please send in timber boxes to avoid delays and knockbacks. Regional ports are having their wrists slapped severely over their very relaxed attitude to container types after an incident last week when a python was shipped Townsville to sydney via Brisbane in a post pack with holes punched in it and the snake loose in the box . It was tongue flicking through the punch holes.

It cost me $83.00 to send some frogs interstate last week, the box weight was 3.3 kg and the size of a small foam esky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back