keeping snakes together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilelover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 6 month old bredli and was thinking about getting a juvie hypo carpet python would i be able to keep them in the same enclosure for a couple of weeks till i can set up an other enclosure dont know if this is a silly question or not any help would be great

this question gets asked every week.
my answer is
NO NO NO NO
you would only be asking for trouble.
plus, you also need to think about your quarantine methods too.

It's not advised to do that, as the snakes can attack one another or even worse eat one another.

If it's only for a couple of weeks, I'd suggest that you keep the snake in a large click clack container with a heat matt. Also, as it's a new snake, you'll want to quarantine it from your snake/s as you wont know if the snake has any diseases or mites which could then spread to your current snake

My stimson's live together quite well in harmony but as already advised 2 different species or older larger ones might be a different matter. Also you wouldn't feed them together either, as I have learnt the hard way...lol....my stimmies were difficult to get started eating when I first got them. The girl started B4 the boy and one time I went to feed her not expecting him to bother and they both ended up on the same mouse and tangled round each other. larger snakes such as your bredli and carpet could do themselves some damage getting caught like this.

reptilelover the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

this question gets asked every week.
my answer is
NO NO NO NO
you would only be asking for trouble.
plus, you also need to think about your quarantine methods too.

like wise
NO NO NO NO, to many risks like mel said, your snakes could attack each other

ok yeah i didnt think it would be a good idea but hey thats why i love this forum if you ever need some advice there is always someone there to help you well just had a thought how about if i was to put the snake in the same enclosure but in a click clack if you know mean i mean would that work

yep...but i bet the other snake poops on the click clack like mine did

i agree with chris-cool. click clacks are absolute gold dust when you wanna keep snakes together.
i was wondering if anyone knew where i could pick up some cheap ones around western sydney? i got severely wallet raped when i got em from a pet shop and wont be doing that again.
cheers

go to a $2 store i piked 10 up for $2 the other day at westfield penrith i am tryin to house my diamond and my diamond x carpet together im just put them together and watchin them in the tank and slowly leavin them longer and longer together also handlen them together and my snake seem to be fine with each other they curl up in the sun together cheers

my jungles live togather fine. i feed them when one is hiding/asleep and the other is out to avoid injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back