tail docking?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
many dogs live happy, healthy lives without tails. many people dont race dogs, so balance at 60kms isnt an issue.

Amazing how people get all worked up over docking dogs. Now I'm pretty sure a lambs tail is still connected to the spinal cord same as a dog. What about dehorning cattle? Ever seen that? I have, a bit of an eye opener to it was. And all because the live cattle exported wish them to be dehorned. Where are the RSPCA there? Will they take on the sheep and cattle industry? No bloody way. I have no respect for the RSPCA or the goose that runs it.

To dock a new born pups tail is fairley painless. It may sting for a moment or two but thats it. In a few moments they are back suckling on mum with out a thought to what just happened.

Originally Posted by whiteyluvsrum
ive heard some vets still do it in WA aswell.
If it was that cruel and painful im sure they would ban it for every animal, it's done to sheep, cattle and pigs?
its just like being circumcised, why have'nt they outlawed that?

Have you ever seen a male infant being circumcised?

I have (not mine by the way) no pain killer the screams and crying are heart breaking sure they get over it may not have a memory of it but why do it in the first place !!

Biggest reason Dads Done Well lets do every thing to son thats done to Dad good reason no
Less chance of infections we dont' live in the wilderness Wash properly

Girls go wild for it member posted this What planet are you on mate?? How many girls have you had that have stated this too you? "I go wild for a circumcised penis"

As for Tail docking ear clipping general animal modifications to suit what is visually pleasing to you.... Don't like the look don't buy the animal

On the note of the RSPCA and their tail docking view-some breeders have continued to perform tail docking, they have been taken to court and NOT ONCE could the RSPCA prove that their tail docking techniques were cruel. I think that it is a personal choice that should be left to the breeders (this does not include backyard breeders that have no clue about tail docking). Breeds that have their tails docked are done so for a reason.

It must be understood that since tail docking has been performed for such a long time on some breeds, their spines are not always suitable to handle the pressure of the long wagging tail.

To dock a new born pups tail is fairley painless. It may sting for a moment or two but thats it. In a few moments they are back suckling on mum with out a thought to what just happened.

Oh so you obviously have had your tail cut off and can tell us its not that painful!! well that changed my mind!!!

my whippet was lucky enough to break his tail at a young age, try telling him it only hurt for a moment.

as for 'not all dog race', i have yet too see a dog that doesnt run!!

Maybe it should be banned for all animals however as Bakes stated it would be a very difficult process to take on the entire wool industry just for sheep and in this case it is probably beneficial for the health of the sheep. I dont really know the industry though. If their is no reason to do it for your dog other than visually i really dont see why you should

"Don't like the look don't buy the animal"

It must be understood that since tail docking has been performed for such a long time on some breeds, their spines are not always suitable to handle the pressure of the long wagging tail.

CRAP!!!! I suggest you talk to a PROPER vet before making a statement as such!!!

Girls go wild for it member posted this What planet are you on mate?? How many girls have you had that have stated this too you? "I go wild for a circumcised penis"

Gezz inky, have a decaff or somthing.

It was a joke, as in "girls go crazy over anything thats 10% off" its a punn "shopping, 10% discount, bargain".

I thought that was pretty obvious:rolleyes:

Donk

dragozz that doesnt really fit the current theory of evolution. Their needs to be a reason for dogs to develope weak spines other than they just dont have one.

if any of you have seen the ass end of a lamb eaten away by magots while its still walking around you would very quickly understand why thay do it to lambs,,,i dont see why thay need to do it dog thought , its up there with getting your dog tattoed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back