Horrified!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was browsing YouTube looking for Bearded Dragon vids, when I came across this video:

*Warning contains footage that may shock you*
Also contains various colourful words in the comments.
[video=youtube;CYPFx4T9mKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPFx4T9mKU[/video]

These guys caught a hummingbird and fed it live to their dragon.
Not only was the bird massive compared to the dragon, but it also appears that they cut the beak off the bird before putting it in.

It's shocking how they laugh hysterically while this is happening.

Do we have hummingbirds here in Australia?
If these clowns are Australian, I'd like to report them.

Morons like these give us all a bad name! Sure, I've fed live food items before when I've had to, but I don't stand around and get off over it! Stupid IDIOTS!!! :evil:

And no, Hummingbirds are exotic animals.

Yeah that is pretty stupid.. Not only what they do to the bird, but feeding it to the beardie.. That bird could have all types of nastys that could possibly be passed onto the lizard not to mention the possibility of impaction =\.

is it just me or does it seem to be the rage in the US to feed live animals to herps? There are some pretty sick video's on youtube.

Thats horrible!
Is it illegal to feed live in other countries...

If i saw them, wouldn't contemplate smacking them in the face. Just my input. lol

is it just me or does it seem to be the rage in the US to feed live animals to herps? There are some pretty sick video's on youtube.

Another video that comes to mind are the various ones of feeding bag-loads of commercial Gold-Fish to Piranhas.

Another bad point of the beardie video is that they've tagged it as COMEDY!

It just emphasises that they get a kick out of it.

did you guys see the live goat being fed to a reticulated python? thing took forever to die. freaked me out

theres one of a snake swallowing a live chick. and the poor bloody thing was chirping the whole way down and was still chirping in its stomach.

yep seen that one too if it is illegal to do this why are they able to post on you tube without consequence. yet I'm sure if we put stuff like that somewhere else like tv we would be penilised to the full extent of the law

theres one of a snake swallowing a live chick. and the poor bloody thing was chirping the whole way down and was still chirping in its stomach.
I saw that one today... it was half way down its throat and it came back up and nearly got out of its mouth.

If the chick was dead, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. But is there REALLY any point in feeding it live prey? It's less cruel to snap its neck first, not to mention it's a whole lot easier for you and the snake...

and the chick.

Jeeze I'm glad all those wild pythons eat only pre killed food!

Now I don't condone the beardie/humming bird thing at all, but jeeze get a grip folks. You are on this site because you like reptiles. Most reptiles eat other animals. To do so an animal has to die. So what if a live goat was fed to a retic. Perhaps the retic owner is a bit nervous about waving a goat infront of it. Perhaps it wont eat dead food. Same with the chick. Perhaps it will only eat live. Standing around laughing is a very goulish however but you have a choise....if it upsets you, don't watch it!

Wake Up!!

Jeeze I'm glad all those wild pythons eat only pre killed food!

Now I don't condone the beardie/humming bird thing at all, but jeeze get a grip folks. You are on this site because you like reptiles. Most reptiles eat other animals. To do so an animal has to die. So what if a live goat was fed to a retic. Perhaps the retic owner is a bit nervous about waving a goat infront of it. Perhaps it wont eat dead food. Same with the chick. Perhaps it will only eat live. Standing around laughing is a very goulish however but you have a choise....if it upsets you, don't watch it!
------------------------------

R U serious mate?
We are not talking about wild Pythons here!!! That is just nature!
We are talking about a bunch 'heroes' feeding poor live animals 'for fun' , if it was the only food item left in the whole world , fair enough, but it isnt neccesay at all...this kind of thing disgusts me!, but for some darn reason , cant help but look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back