Rat Breeding cages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
god you make me sound like I was cruel to them I would of had them in the house but my man has a problem with them ok, and I did everything I could to keep them alive I gave them plenty of water, I fed them twice a day and they got fed much better than my man did, I put ant kill around the enclosures I had the door **** to keep the cats out and I would pray them with the spray bottel guees why do you have to make it so bad all the time.

jody

No jody not making it so bad all the time just pointing out the obvious it's you who read's and takes the wrong way. I mean seriously whats a sturdy self out under cover going to do... It helps a bit if you breed your own rats and mice for your snake saves on $$$$ but if skott cant understand why it needs to be then well its not my problem.. Remember who your talking to jody Im very to the point and I dont beat around the bush.... Honesty is the best policy..Would you rather me lie to you..??

no, I just don't people in here thinking I am creul to animals thats all I just think you shouldn't have said it that way on here but thats about it sorry if I affended you I just thought it was alittle too much to tell people the oviouse about the way I used to do it, it wasn't all that bad and I did care for them I just didn't make them affect me too much if something happened.

I may take it the wrong way but I too am an honest and straight forward person and when I say something, you don't nessesarily like it eather, so I appoligise to you in here if I got it wrong and me affending you. sorry
jody

lol yes what I do is my own buisness, yes I do with one snake its the only way to get my male eating, the others eat them dead.

leave it long enough without food ant it will eat prekilled

2 months is nothing, my yearlings go 2 months no worries, give it 6 months then try, it shouldnt lose much condition in that time. There was a thread recently where a hatchie didnt eat for 12 months so 2 months for an adult is nothing

oh ok it would be so much cheaper and easier if he would eat frozen at the moment it costs me $20 just for him 2 large rats a fortnight when I can get rats that is no one has any for the last 2 months, when it costs me about that for 3 snakes all up for 2 large rats and 4 small rats a fortnight.

cheers Jody

its not just the cost, legalitys and the fact its cruel but it could possibly end up killing your snake

yes but how do you think snakes eat out in the wild ? They eat live prey. It's not like someone comes up to them and goes here snakey have some food... Know what I mean but sometimes snakes are fussy for instance..... My male coastal refuses to eat mice dead or live no matter how its offered to him he still refuses to it them.... I dont blame him really they do smell worse then rats....lol

i hate it when people use that as an excuse "but how do they cope in the wild?" in the wild there are no confines, if the rat wants it can get away, they cant do that in a cage, i have seen what rats and mice can do to snakes when fed live, its not worth it, i will force feed before feeding live

using that as an excuse? i aint using anything as an excuse and im not sayin how will it cope in the wild im saying how do you think it eats in the wild exactly how it would if someone was to give live to a snake... it can still get injuries out in the wild as much as it can in captivity.. I dont condone feeding live but sometimes ppl use as a last resort. Myself I feed dead to my snake cause its the only way he will take them. But what ppl do in the privacy of there own home and they dont brag about it is thier business.

them eating live in the wild is nothing like feeding live in captivity. as i said, in the wild the prey can move away from the snake, in a cage that just isnt going to happen, you may have not been using it as an excuse but plenty do.

ok we can see your poin't but I don't leave him there to eat it and walk away I sit and watch it, its the only way it will eat and I have tried everything else, they should be able to have that choise on what it wants to eat, live or dead. and most times the rats don't get the chance to attack my snakes. I feed most of mine frozen and somethimes they get injured from frozen took it the wrong way its teeth whent through its neck, are you going to tell me that thats a load of crap and they don't get hurt eating frozen? well if so you are wrong and if they do go to attack him I'll reaf it out straight away before it trys anything. I sit there and watch, and everything dies in different ways its not crue they where bred by petshops they have licences to do it for that purpose there not bred for pets, they are only rats for snake food. so whats so cruel about that.
if you think it is cruel to feed live animals to snakes than why keep them and what about other animals just fed for one thing they die for product meterial and for us, our food is that cruel?
any ways the snakes don't eat them wile they are alive they kill it first.

thats my appinion anyways.
jody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back