what is this snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraschram

Reaction score
Hi
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the snake in the pictures at the top of this link is? sorry but it wont let me insert them into this thread.
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/lschram/
i was sold 5 of them as coastal but
they seem very light red to be coastal and a bit more striped then blotchy like my other coastals - could they be bredli cross or is this one a hypo? i was thinking of selling them but need to list them correctly
thanks
laura
lschram

they look like coastals but someone was selling bredli x coastals in the fs forum the other day but didnt list them as that the 2nd time around

a few months ago - would have to look up exact date but at least 3 months - i have a hypo coastal but not so red like this one, and this one it quite different from its siblings... i will put some photos of them onto the link in a minute

Young Coastals tend to come in an amazing variety of colours - it looks like a coastal to me...

so not hypo?(there seems to be a million different versions of what a hypo is :) ) very light compared to some of the others... have loaded two photos now to compare against - one of it with a darker sibling.
will it loose this coloring as it ages?

yes it probably will unless parents were hypo, you will get guys that look like this in a clutch or normal looking coastals but eventually turn out to be normal coastals, should have more idea when they get to 1-2yrs old

I would sell them described the way they were when you bought them - it might be a Hypo but it might not be, the difference in clutch mates seems massive sometimes with many of the Coastal clutches I have seen advertised...

dont always advertise them as you bought them as, i have seen normal looking adults advertised as hypos because the bought them as hypos, sell them as they are, how old are they atm?

it looks exactly the same as my costal!
some of its clutch mates were dark, but i chose the really light caramel looking one.
it has just shed and went even lighter still.........

this one is getting lighter and redder with each day too becs
they are about 5 months old. there are two others that are fairly light but this one is the niceest
hornet - i got told all hypos go darker as they age -i assume is this not true then? I mean assuming most people buy hypos to breed with would it still have the same genetic ability to throw light coloured babies? would be really interested if anyone has found any good articles or studies on the genetics of colour traits in snakes...

looksd like a 'top end carpet' to me, but then again, im not great at coastals! seeing as there are SOOO many completely different looking snakes all called 'coastal carpet' i get a little shy to call something coastal or not.

dont always advertise them as you bought them as, i have seen normal looking adults advertised as hypos because the bought them as hypos, sell them as they are, how old are they atm?

Look how young that snake is though...it would be irresponsible to sell it as anything other than what it was purchased as, who knows what it could turn out like!

If it was older I might agree with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back