Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darth72au

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 mth old childrens python that is about 48cm long. I have noticed over the last few weeks that he gets a bit agressive about 4 days after he has been fed. I have been feeding him 1 pinky every 6 days. If I need to feed him more do i feed him more ofter or do i feed him 2 pinkys at a times? If I feed him two at a time do i just let him eat one then offer him the next one?

i think he should be at least on fuzzies by now - mine are 6mths and i'm pretty sure even fuzzzies are too small - someone want to help us?

The width of the rodent should be equal to the width of the snake at it's widest point (mid body). I agree it should be eating at least fuzzies if not hoppers. I'd give it 2 pinkies every 6 days until you're out of pinkies then move up to a more appropriately sized mouse and go back to one per feed.

u dunno wat uve started by posting this thread .. just sit back and observe

i feed myn about 1.5 the width of the widest point ... wat do u guys think

I have recently started keeping a pair of 6mth old Stimmies that were feeding on fuzzy mice - I fed them yesterday and she downed the fuzzy real fast, she will be moving up a size shortly...

...basically, you will have no problem feeding them fuzzies or hoppers...

at 48cm i would be swapping to fuzzies when your out of the pinkies. post a pic of him might be easier to tell, but i would assume your snake is of a good size (thickness) for his length and a fuzzy would be taken down with ease.

My 9 month old childreni is on a hopper mouse every 7-10 days and they are no problem at all for him

i feed my snakes what ever food item gives it a good bulge in its belly, feed weekly for youngins and every 2-3 weeks for adults

my BHP's are 17months old at 1.6 metres long and I feed them 3 small rats 2-3 weeks, my larger coastals 1 at 7.5 foot 2 metres and the other at 8 foot 2.5 metre long are eating 2 large rats a fortnight I may have to up my females size food soon

cheers Jody

when my BHP's where just hatchies at 40 cm I fed them large pinky rats, 1 a weeks one of them wouldn't eat anything with fur on it so she was on pinkies much longer than the other.

but a childreni's body width is much smaller than what my BHP's where I would sugest fuzey mice, hoppers or pinky rats.

cheers Jody

i feed my large juvi bredli(still juvi proprtions, only 65-75 cm long) larger fuzzy RATS, every 14-21 days.

All my snakes under a year of age get fed every 4-5 days. Depends on the size of the bulge in the belly, how quick they eat it, the size of the animal and what it is that i am feeding them etc.

If your Childrens was my snake i would be offering much bigger than a pinky. I would try either a pinky rat or a fuzzy mouse.

Do you happen to have any pics of him at all?

Simone.

i feed my 6 month maccie a fuzzy a week and he does fine in a few weeks i want to get him onto hoppers or sumthing

Last edited:
Thanks for the help people. Went out and got some fuzzy mice today and feed him one tonight. Took him a while to eat him (couldn't work out which end to start at ) :lol:. got him dowm all ok and doesnt look too fat. will offer him another one in about 6 days and see how he goes. hope to update photos soon. the ones i have are about 3 mths old

I feed my 6mnth stimmie 1 fuzzy/week but probably will be moving it up to about 5/week until there all gone, then go onto hoppers most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back