how to destroy our dearly beloved ..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mase

Reaction score
hey guys whats the dest method to put rats into a forever lasting sleep ...

gassing is the best way to kill large numbers but the other day i had to dispatch a few, grab by the tail and whack their heads on cenent

what gas ?
how do i do it?
how much does it cost ?
and where can i get it from ?

CO2, get it from gass suppliers, i think hire 4 a year is about $100, dunno about refills tho, just connect it up to a box witha couple of small holes in it for oxygen to escape and i use to do that for about 3mins

Just use one of those sickle thingys like in you avatar :lol:

lol, i dunno if snakes eat halves ?

would the tuoch of death work on the little suckers ?

I have been successfully using this little guy...

...100% success rate...

Attachments

• deathofrats.jpg
    deathofrats.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 72
looks like a drwing .. .did you draw it ?

There was a thread on this - someone called laura had a fantastic post with fantastic advice. Although hornet has pretty much summed it up in a few words. Gas is still not pretty though... and i hate to think how many "just really bad headaches" you'd end up with bby practicing the WHACK method.

This was posted up a while ago but it might help you out, don't no who posted it though

Here's a quick & easy CO2 Chamber for your rats.
Cost: Less than 10 bucks.
Time: Less than 10 mins to make.

WHAT YOU NEED:
A suitable airtight container (I use a Starmaid 10l container).
Rubber tubing (95c a metre at the Pet Shop)
Squeeze bottle (I use a tomato sauce bottle $1.49 from the warehouse)
Chinese takeaway container.
White vinegar
Bi Carb Soda

WHAT TO DO:
- Attach the tubing to your squeeze bottle and make sure it's tight!
- Using a soldering iron, melt a hole in the lid of the airtight container, above where the takeway container will be set (I use velcro to keep the takeaway container in place.)
- Feed the unattached end of the tube through the melted hole in the lid of the large container.
- Ensure to seal the area on the lid so it is airtight.
- Fill takeaway container 1/4 full with Bi-Carb.
- Fill squeeze bottle with vinegar.
- Add rats to main container & seal.
- Squeeze the vinegar into the Bi-Carb
- Come back in 5 mins & wash your new food items!

I know this isn't the least messy way to CO2 rats, but it is quick, effective & cheap, and will hopefully benefit someone out there!

and i hate to think how many "just really bad headaches" you'd end up with bby practicing the WHACK method.

none really, about the only thing that can happen is that you lose your grip and they go flying(heard a funny story about that happening). If you dont do it quite hard enough it will still knock them out so they arnt consious for the second swing anyway. After you have done it a couple times its 100% effective IMO.

CO2 doesnt really work for the little ones either. Its just for mass killing and squimish ppl and is cruel if not done correctly. If i was a rat i would rather just get wacked rather than being tormented in a gas chamber, luckily im not a rat tho.

so grab them by there tail and whack them against the floor ?

so grab them by there tail and whack them against the floor ?

I use the edge of a desk (but you could use the edge of anything as long as it's hard) just hold by the tail and whack.

if you grab them by the tail on a graspable surface (for them to grasp) and put a blunt object behind their head push down on the neck and pull the tail its dead really quick

if you grab them by the tail on a graspable surface (for them to grasp) and put a blunt object behind their head push down on the neck and pull the tail its dead really quick

I tried the tail pulling thing but with young rats the tail comes off :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back