Our New Arrival...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My partner and I got our first beardie on the weekend, so I just thought I'd introduce our little man. This is our as-yet-unnamed male beardie, who is approximately 18 months old. He is apparently yellow phase, there doesn't seem to be a lot of yellow although is face does go a lovely creamy buttermilk colour when he is hunting crickets.

He is settling in well and seems to enjoy his new enclosure. We're going to leave him alone for around a week before we start handling him. He doesn't mind being handled, but according to the breeder we purchased him from, can be a little skittish at times. What is the best way to get him accustomed to being handled without stressing him out? We'd love for him to be the kind of beardie that enjoys being out and about and spending time with us.

hand feed him, that will get him used to you, also just have him out every few days, he will calm down. Hes very nice

I don't have beardies (at the moment) so I don't know anything about them BUT I do know.... he's a gorgeous little man!! Very very adorable!!
I love their little poses, so cute!
Thanks for sharing and good luck
Mell :D

yer they are posers arent they :p thats why i love them so much. congrats of your little man, hes very handsome! :)

Aww thanks everyone! As soon as we decide on a name I will let you all know, but in the meantime your suggestions would be welcome :)

Will also try to get some better photos, as the glow from his heat lamp seems to be making the pics a bit 'washed out'.

Here is another pic of him in his favourite sleeping spot, behind his rock...

Thanks. Hopefully we will decide on a name soon.

I tried to get some more pics of him this arvo but he decided that all he wanted to do was sleep! Typical :rolleyes: :lol:

Clark Rubber. It was $35 per metre and one metre was enough for two pieces to fit the bottom of the tank - so when we take one out for cleaning, we'll have a fresh one to replace it with.

It's been said, but your set up it amazing (and so is your beardie of course :))

Where did you get your background from?

The background came from our local produce store, I think it was about $20 for the 4.5 foot length needed to cover the back of the tank.

aww hes absolutely adorable...he will be such a rewarding animal :)

Thanks Cristina :)

He's our first beardie and my first reptile (my partner has had water dragons before) but I have a feeling he will be the first of many! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back