Carpet+ball=Carpalls. Pictures inside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hybrid is not a 'morph' is it? It is a hybrid.

As has been said MANY MANY times they don't have a problem getting pure bloods, the 2 run side by side. If anyone took the trouble to talk to American keepers you would realise that.

that depends who you talk to boa, in fact there was a thread here not long ago from someone over there stating just how hard it is to source pure stock over there, and that it is indeed very hard for alot of species.? This i tend to belive.
Yes steve i know its over seas, but it dosnt make it any less unethical in my eyes.
each to their own.

i thinks balls look funny, they are skinny then have a small 'fat' bit then skinny agen. i much prefer carpets and other australian snakes. and other pythons aswell. but they are still gorgeous animals no doubt.

Rob, yes it does depend on who you talk to. I frequent a couple of primarily American forums and on one in particular they got quite annoyed because they thought, quite rightly, that we seem to think they have to scour the whole country to buy pure animals which is obviously not the case.
Of course some species are harder than others but it's wrong to use such a sweeping statement.
When you really get to know these guys overseas you do realise that it really isn't as hard as some here or indeed actually in the States would have us believe.
To me it's no different than those people who reckon there are only a few 100 exotics in this country, you base a judgement on what you see.

I am, of course, with Rob absolutely on this one, and those in the states with whom I talk have a different story from that which boa proclaims. Anyone who is interested in "provenance" animals will have their interests severely compromised by hose who hybridise simply because they want "pretty" snakes.

Jamie.

I am, of course, with Rob absolutely on this one, and those in the states with whom I talk have a different story from that which boa proclaims. Anyone who is interested in "provenance" animals will have their interests severely compromised by those who hybridise simply because they want "pretty" snakes. Wherever they are...

Jamie.

Pictures of Mom.

Looking at the most recent posts. There was a lot of cross breeding with many boas species. But there are many lines that remain pure if you know where to look. But the snakes I am producing are hybrids from two snakes in my collection. Thanks

Attachments

• P4105413.JPG
    P4105413.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 87
wt* where do these ppl get a hold of ball pythons and corn snakes and california kings

I totally agree with you.
I was in the USA for a couple of years in the herp industry and had no problems acquiring pure aussie animals, in fact at the time it was easier there than here.
If you know the breeders and network then it is easy to acquire "pure" animals, if you ask at your local petshop don't expect much :) Same as here in a way :)
Unfortunately on these forums anybody can say anything and it is not always even close to the truth or reality :) One reason I don't post much :)
I know my experience and don't need to pretend anything, but also don't need to sprout anything :) Even got the T shirt :)
Visiting the expo in Daytona Beach during August will open people here eyes :)

Rob, yes it does depend on who you talk to. I frequent a couple of primarily American forums and on one in particular they got quite annoyed because they thought, quite rightly, that we seem to think they have to scour the whole country to buy pure animals which is obviously not the case.
Of course some species are harder than others but it's wrong to use such a sweeping statement.
When you really get to know these guys overseas you do realise that it really isn't as hard as some here or indeed actually in the States would have us believe.
To me it's no different than those people who reckon there are only a few 100 exotics in this country, you base a judgement on what you see.

Father

Here is the picture of the father. The first one has shed. I will have some current pictures up soon. As far as price. It really depends on how many I release. Two pair are spoken for so the first release will be very small.

Attachments

• 100_02131.jpg
    100_02131.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 106
I'm not one for hibrids, but all to there own, I would actually buy one of them lol if it where legal here in australia. but I wouldn't do it myself personly.

And to the argument does it really matter what one person says than the other? It's the same here too everyone thinks differently, and you all have a different oppinion, I can never find one person that will say the same thing apart from this topic and its not really a topic for this thread is it! make your own thread about it.

Lets see if this was what I am hereing here...does anyone here tell forren people bull about ozzies and australia? like telling them something that is far stretched from the trueth. Well they probably would do the same thing in there country. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

This is abit like "chinese whispers" ever played that game? one person starts with the trueth and it gradually changers till its nothing like the first person said. This arguement will go on forever and ever and never get resolved.

ok can we come to peace with it now? "each to there own."

cheers Jody

Last edited:
You are spot on, I speak to keepers in the States and they would no doubt be amazed as am I when I read some of the stuff that gets said. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
I would love to go to the Daytona Expo, what a mind blowing experience that would be.

I totally agree with you.
I was in the USA for a couple of years in the herp industry and had no problems acquiring pure aussie animals, in fact at the time it was easier there than here.
If you know the breeders and network then it is easy to acquire "pure" animals, if you ask at your local petshop don't expect much :) Same as here in a way :)
Unfortunately on these forums anybody can say anything and it is not always even close to the truth or reality :) One reason I don't post much :)
I know my experience and don't need to pretend anything, but also don't need to sprout anything :) Even got the T shirt :)
Visiting the expo in Daytona Beach during August will open people here eyes :)

once again, depends totally on who you talk to.

I dont belive for a minute that its easier to get pure aussie animals in the states than it is here, thats just absolute rubbish.

no offense but i prefer the natural lines,they look better than what u have produced,im not having a go ay
go at u,just not my cuppa,why mess with perfection,carpet plus ball equals mongrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back