Triplets!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickM

Reaction score
my B+W jungle clutch is hatching and out of 15 eggs there were 4 sets of twins and one set of triplets, has anyone ever heard of triplets before? I know of it hapening in two other species but I dont think any of them survived. As of right now all three are alive but they are sooooo tiny I think it will be a challenge to get them established.

Nick
CIMG3677.jpg

I think they will be very difficult to get them going, they are so small and fragile looking, I will do my best however.

Nick

Good luck with them, they look so tiny! Keep us posted as to their progress. Do you have any pics of the rest of the clutch?

I wonder if this high incidence of twins etc. is a genetic trait which is carried forward by the in-breeding required to produce the B&W line.

Is your line unique or are there related snakes in other collections with a similar high incidence of producing twins?

I have never had trips, that seems like alot of multiples for one clutch.

congrats and i hope you get them going.

donk

Talk about getting your moneys worth - so to speak- well done. The twins I have seen at a friends place, were sooo small and fragile lookin, imagine what triplets would look like in the flesh - good luck, I hope they all go well!!! Pics when they are out with comparison to the twins and singles would be great to see.

G'day NickM,

I have never heard of triplets in snakes, but I believe Peter Krauss documented triplets in Lace Monitors.

Rex Neindorf at Alice Springs Reptile Centre had an Olive Python lay a clutch with a high density of twins. The juveniles were tiny, and were a bit of a challenge to get going, but now they are thriving. We have a pair here - very pretty little things.

Cheers

Jonno

Well done. I have never heard of triplets but twins are pretty common but usually not multiple sets of twins in a clutch.

puts a new spi on not counting ones egss before they hatch. Have never heard of triplets, could be a world first in pythons? Congrat's.

this pair of adults has produced before and there were no twins. These are the 4th generation in this project, I owned the great grandparents of these babies in the mid90s there have never been any twins in any of the previous generations either. Very strange.

One of the babies has died, it became tangled in the yolk stalk. They are identicall triplets and all share the same yolk. I am dissapointed but not surprised, I just hope the others make it!

here is a better pic that shoes all three heads, they were all alive at this poing still

Nick

CIMG3679.jpg

Awesome.... I have never heard of so many in one clutch....
Do you have a pic of the parents you could share with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back