Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think something along the lines like footy tipping, that way everyone has a chance and maybe the last month make it abit harder to eliminate people

i am for totally random difficult trivia-esque questions....

a "project" of any kind rules out people who just don't have time....
i for instance, have an hour intensive degree (full time) and a full time job.
where as questions, i can answer if i know, guess if i don't.

a project means i just won't bother unless it coincidently happens to be something i am doing at school.....
so if it IS projects, it should be biochemistry related

Like I said though, a project could be a simple photo with a description of the animal, over a one month period I'm sure people would have some time to do a simple project be it 5 minutes or even an hour...just a thought anyway. I'd just like to see something where we all benefit by seeing others works...

Online treasure hunt i love it.

Ok not thinking straight today but I'll have a go. Like everyone said I dont' think it will matter what subject etc you do someone will always be better but maybe set it like a treasure hunt lol. Bit like that show on t.v the great race or whatever it's called. Someone from admin picks a website, place, picture or anything really on the internet and then sets some clues on were it is or how to find it, maybe a clue each week, photoes and hints etc. Then give a whole month for everyone to try and figure out, dosn't need to be hard and everyone can have a chance as it can be something different everytime, using things such as google etc. Sorry that's about the best I could come up with for now (sick at the moment sorry). But anyhow competition sounds great :)

Allana :)

I'm sure I could work something out;););)

Why would I want to share a prize with you when I can just win it for myself without having to bother consulting with you along the way? *puzzled*

We could save time and just say that a long drawn out competition with a wide range of questions, mostly herp related, is going to have the same winners as the last time, and just give out three snakes to the people we already know will win (in that case I'm going to have to enter, to prevent Tan from getting anything! :twisted:

We should have had the prize for an ASP footy tipping comp, too late now, but always next season.

Wow.. this sounds awesome.. how about questions on the albino carpet itself.. it will increase awareness among everyone entering on the reptile, and also, the winner would know what they are getting and what an amazing reptile it is.. dunno... just my 2 cents.. you could probably incorporate that with maybe a small project on albino carpets.. basic things.. how to take care of them, how they are different from others, and a few nice pics maybe.. :D

I reckon make it easy.

Everyone's name goes in a draw once a month, the names get drawn out and in order of how they come out they get points allocated, all the way from first out to last out.

Then every month your points are added together and we can view it on a table ( like the footy tips).

That way it is completly random and its anyones game right till the end, it is up to luck.

If it is a photo comp ( it is bias to people who have great cameras and a photograpic background)

If it is a question knowledge comp ( then it is bias to the more experianced or people who dont work or go to school ( and can sit on the net for hours getting information)

Simon has asked for it to be fair on every level, i think my idea is fair to everyone.

donk

I don't know if Simon like the idea of lottery. I think he want competition with some type of challenge as I understand.

well me being as noobie as i am i can sumwhat vouch for us newies to herps and the dawnting feeling that we have with a contest running around a "question theme"... seeing tho the more experiences herpers culd quite easily answer in alot more detail + haste.

i say we need to think of a competition where everyone is on nuetral ground, noone has handicaps or advantages. where every competitor is equal. that would truely be a good competition and one in which im sure would bring alot of challenge and enjoyment even to those who belive they r better than others.

sum people r saying questions and sum r saying photos... but y? so the more intelligent can answer quicker? so the photographers can produce a higher quality? thats like me (have played soccer for 15 years at a representtitive level) saying we have a soccer match to decide a victor... this is just useless. if u want a competition then it must be one ANYONE can come out the winner.

Fine by me. The prize is a Carpet Python, I see no reason to have it come my way. Then again... we haven't seen second and third prize, so I could snooze my way to a lazy placing *grin*

Jokes aside, I think it would be unsporting of me to try to get one of these snakes into my posession, I felt weird enough last time, so I'm happy to withdraw.

(So who wants to bribe me to play under their name and win them a snake ;) )

LOL you can enter on behalf of APS and donate the price for auction.:p

i dont mean herp related question, just random trivia that anyone can answer or at least find off google

why not a competition relating to the internet? seeing tho everyone who access this site must have it.

say for example the administrator gives us a phrase or a picture or sumthing small from a website. and then us as members must scroll thru different websites (according to a hint given by administration) in search of this segmant.... the item could be a pic, a phrase, a certain item for sale. a price or sumthing for sale. or even a species or anything. he thing culd even be a reptile tank for sale on ebay for $100 and the hint would be (ebbay, $100, brisbane, tank.) and people must try find that exact same tank as describe by administration. ofcorse thats just an example and im sure u culd think of ways to gr8tly improve my idea?

the successful winner would be given points each week/month and at the end of the year the successful searcher will be given the carpet?

IUNO but thats just my 2 cents for an equal fun and time consuming competition where everyone is equal lol!

cheers~ :D

how about each state has a grup get together and what ever state has the most members attend goes in to a raffle and then they get the snake this will all be photogarphed and tallied with a neutral person from each state attending to record numbers.

sam.

I like the whats this a picture of?? idea though u would have to limit how many guesses ppl can have or you would just get bombarded with hundreds of guesses from the same ppl.
Also this wouldn't be open to WA residents since they can't import snakes? or am i wrong about this??
Also if it was a random raffle the names couldn't just be taken out of the members list as im sure alot of members probably registered a year ago and never looked back here .
I think no matter what the comp is there should be a registration for it .
And will there be some way of telling if the winner is fit and prepared to look after the snake ?? We just dont want someone who will sell it straight away or even worse neglect the snake.

I vote for Donk's idea. Fair on everyone, easy for everyone,

Cheers

i think the random question way covering a broad range of subjects so no one person has a distinct advantage is the fairest way
and dont make it to easy its a albino carpet python if you want to win it you should have to put some work into it.

if that dosnt work how about who can make the most amount of posts over the next 12 months im sure a few people could have a good crack at that . lol

I vote for Donk's idea. Fair on everyone, easy for everyone,

Cheers

excpet for the people that simply don't have the time to put into a "project"
whereas the random trivia thing, allows for as much or as little effort as people hvae, with little disadvantage to those who don't have the time

How about a spelling contest ;)?

Brilliant! :D

i say we need to think of a competition where everyone is on nuetral ground, noone has handicaps or advantages. where every competitor is equal. that would truely be a good competition and one in which im sure would bring alot of challenge and enjoyment even to those who belive they r better than others.

sum people r saying questions and sum r saying photos... but y? so the more intelligent can answer quicker? so the photographers can produce a higher quality? thats like me (have played soccer for 15 years at a representtitive level) saying we have a soccer match to decide a victor... this is just useless. if u want a competition then it must be one ANYONE can come out the winner.

Unfortunately, different people have different abilities and knowledge. The only way you can put anything on completely neutral ground is to make it a lottery, with no skills or abilities involved at all. Anything involving a challenge will put some people at an advantage, that's just an inescapable reality. I am not a good soccer player, I wouldn't expect to be able to join your soccer team and have an equal chance at winning a player of the year award. To do that I'd have to spend time aquiring skills, etc etc, and maybe in a few years I could be as good as the others... or maybe I'd just happen to have billiant aptitude and be brilliant in a few months, or maybe it would just not be my thing and I'd never be any good at it.

We certainly want it to be fun for everyone, and neither a lottery or a series of very difficult questions will acheive that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdaji View Post
Fine by me. The prize is a Carpet Python, I see no reason to have it come my way. Then again... we haven't seen second and third prize, so I could snooze my way to a lazy placing *grin*

Jokes aside, I think it would be unsporting of me to try to get one of these snakes into my posession, I felt weird enough last time, so I'm happy to withdraw.

(So who wants to bribe me to play under their name and win them a snake )
LOL you can enter on behalf of APS and donate the price for auction.

Sorry, you seem to have me confused with someone far more noble! :lol: ;) If it came my way I'd sell it and buy Womas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back