greyhounds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The legal issues arise from the owner of the greyhound - if it was agreed (usually in writing) that the animal will be euthanased and is not the owner can sue for <insert legal bit here>

The reason being
- the dog could be put back on the track and could turn into a winner
- the dog could breed and make mini winners
- if the dog was to get out and injure other animals the original owner and the institution is still responsible

The list goes on......

my horsey got made into dog food after i stopped riding her.....

well.... it was my sisters horsey.
butn after a year of lessons, her teacher asked if i wanted a go, so i did...
and was better than my sister, so her teacher wanted to teach me instead...
i got bored after my father said i'd have to go to pony club if i wanted to continue...
i really dislike the country.... and pony club people are all smelly and dirty....
and they got up EARLY!

was horrible...
so i quit...
then she became dog food....

well that made alot of sense, great story
cheers
brad

How can you not love a face like this??

(photo from the Greyhound Adoption Program website)

I absolutly LOVE greyhounds!
Part of my old job was walking them and un-breaking them so they didn't chase other animals :)

Was so rewarding :)

Sorry hodges and Miss B but i am against greyhound racing cause i have seen the aftermath.

Sorry hodges and Miss B but i am against greyhound racing cause i have seen the aftermath.

No dramas, I was only 5 when my pop was a trainer and he stopped when I was maybe 6 or 7. I just remember having greyhounds as a kid, I don't really condone racing them either.

Also from the look of that picture....that could be lilly :)
My old work colleagues greyhound :)

But an old work colleague has ex-racing greyhound adoption :)

Is that the NSW greyhound adoption program? Or a different one?

I love greyhounds, they're such softies. I'd like to adopt an ex-racer, but first I need better heating at home. I also need to learn how to knit doggy jackets, or I could just ask my mother to knit them for me (she knits them for her whippet).

Is that the NSW greyhound adoption program? Or a different one?

I love greyhounds, they're such softies. I'd like to adopt an ex-racer, but first I need better heating at home. I also need to learn how to knit doggy jackets, or I could just ask my mother to knit them for me (she knits them for her whippet).

Um....i think it could be :) i forget, but she was very involved! She even brought her 2 greyhounds to work with her everyday *so cute* and got as many as she could up to being adopted :)

I absolutly LOVE greyhounds!
Part of my old job was walking them and un-breaking them so they didn't chase other animals :)

Was so rewarding :)

dont be sorry :D, everyone has different oppinons on greyhounds and racing greyhounds, im just agaisnt putting them down (unless its a serious injury)

After Ridgebacks and Irish Wolf hounds the old grey hound would have to be a favorite of mine. The ones I have seen have made great docile pets. And don't worry about comments from the likes of Tatelina mate, she lives in a perfect world where everything is just beautiful, with butterflies and little fawns running around......

After Ridgebacks and Irish Wolf hounds the old grey hound would have to be a favorite of mine. The ones I have seen have made great docile pets. And don't worry about comments from the likes of Tatelina mate, she lives in a perfect world where everything is just beautiful, with butterflies and little fawns running around......

lol thanks mate, yea there awusm, there soo frickin fast lol, our little one is a smart one escaped a couple of times but then nearly got kicked by a horse :S
cheers
brad

And don't worry about comments from the likes of Tatelina mate, she lives in a perfect world where everything is just beautiful, with butterflies and little fawns running around......
I know I said I would exit this thread...but I just wanted to ask...
Do the butterflies flutter around the freezer that I store bagged dead dogs in after they've been put to sleep because the pounds are full?
Or perhaps the fawns run up to nuzzle the animals that are in pain after they aquire an injury on the race track?
Oh no that's right. I live in a beautiful world where personal gain and achievement comes before the welfare of animals and its absolutely beautiful when animals are surrended and left chained outside houses starving and flea ridden just because the owners 'couldn't cope'.

*rolls eyes*

Its a fact that most greyhound either get euthanised or used for blood or used for vet students to practice on. I personally think its very sad but its the public who bet and keep it going?Same a horse racing ,the majority go to the doggers(lucky ones go onto be retrained in eventing,dressage or for stud)I cant wait till I get a retired greyhound.

Its a fact that most greyhound either get euthanised or used for blood or used for vet students to practice on. I personally think its very sad but its the public who bet and keep it going?Same a horse racing ,the majority go to the doggers(lucky ones go onto be retrained in eventing,dressage or for stud)I cant wait till I get a retired greyhound.

Yeah its all really sad :(
How many dogs does it take till you get a champion?
Same with horses :(

fact of life, im agaisnt putting them down only if the greyhound caused a serious injury, but it happens and i dont think it will stop
cheers
brad

"Oh no that's right. I live in a beautiful world where personal gain and achievement comes before the welfare of animals and its absolutely beautiful when animals are surrended and left chained outside houses starving and flea ridden just because the owners 'couldn't cope'."

If you want to have a shot at a hobby where "personal gain and achievement comes before the welfare of animals", why don't you have a go at an industry that breeds one species of animal in cramped conditions for the purpose of feeding another species of animal which give us no meat or wool/skins and who's only purpose is to be "Kept". Greyhounds get exercise, they get well fed, they do something they love (chase stuff) and they give people pleasure both by owning/training and by punting. When they retire their blood gets farmed (for the benift of other dogs) When they go the journey, vets practise on them. As a dog handler myself I'd hate to go to a vet who didn't know his way around a dog for lack of practise!!! Thats a pretty full and usefull life. So check those freezers and tell us how many greyhounds you have in there?

So go for it Hodges, you and your old man get a greyhound and have a great time training and racing it. Doing that sort of thing with your dad will be great for both of you. And don't worry about the bunny huggers who think they are the only ones who care about the welfare of animals. Their opinion is just not worth worrying about.

When they retire their blood gets farmed (for the benift of other dogs) When they go the journey, vets practise on them. As a dog handler myself I'd hate to go to a vet who didn't know his way around a dog for lack of practise!!!

As bad as it sounds i much rather an animal be put to good use instead of just a needless death....
Be it - medical research, blood donation, organ donation or for students to learn from etc

I am a organ donor and what ever they can't use goes to medical research, what ever is left over will be burned and thrown some place nice ;)

If you are going to be dead...you may as well be useful :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back