Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this may seem a little off topic, but can you feed a rabit with kaleses (spelling) virus to a snake, or would there be a reaction?

I know of someone who fed a rabbit with mixo to his snake. Had no ill effect. I doubt if calicivirus would hurt a snake. Could be wrong - have been MANY times before...

Hey all I’ve been reading this for a while now and decided to comment once more.

First of all people complaining about how dogs kill more than cats and why aren’t they getting mentioned, well the thread is about cats so people would be focusing on cats not dogs.

Secondly intelligence, how does intelligence set different animals (and humans) apart, if a person has a mental disability of some type that would lower its intelligence does that make him/her non human? No.

With feeding skinks or other reptiles to other reptiles I would do it if there wasn’t the fact of them costing quite a bit and I’m not sure about laws that apply to feeding reptiles to things.

And with cats not killing for fun, what is there that says they don’t we go hunting for fun what stops cats from doing the same. And a cats got to have something to do.

Hmmm there was something else I was going to say but I forgot. meh I will think of it later.

In conclusion I would definitely feed a cat (or a dog) to a snake if I had the opportunity as I said before, if it was killed humanly and does not cause the snake any harm.

Well thanks for listening peoples :) (hope I didn’t offend any one)

Seriously though, rape is not the only problem, what do people have against rapists? There is also murderers, theives etc, why should we do anything about rapists?
hit the nail on the head with that one

...ǝʞɐus ɐ oʇ ɯıɥ buıpǝǝɟ ɹǝʌǝ ǝuıbɐɯı ʇ,up1noɔ ı .ʎoq ǝ1ʇʇı1 1nɟıʇnɐǝq ɐ sı ǝɥ .sʇuǝıʇɐd ,sǝʌıʍ ʎɯ ɟo ǝuo ʎq uǝʇʇıʞ 1ɐɹǝɟ ɐ uǝʌıb sɐʍ ı

I was going to say that :shock:

Just how would you guys kill a kitten humanely and ensure it's upbringing is perfectly legal (raising cats in 'tubs' like rats would land you with a huge fine).

CO2

erm not that any of my herps like kittens.

Just how would you guys kill a kitten humanely and ensure it's upbringing is perfectly legal (raising cats in 'tubs' like rats would land you with a huge fine).

I don't think anyone has suggested farming them for food, why would you when I'm sure rabbits, being rodents, breed much faster anyway.

i think all the serious people had to go lay down.... have a nap

I can't believe this stupid thread is still allowed to go on...and on... Moderators, where are you, any of you, even Greebo?

J.

Intelligence is what sets animals apart.

pigs are WAY more intelligent than both cats and dogs, yet people have no problem with them being eaten and what not... (yes, it's true, many studies have been carried out on the subject)

Pythoninfinite, why exactly shouldn't this thread continue?
it's quite a valid argument, every one is behaving, there's no reason to close it.

G'day guys,

I was halfway through typing a post, correcting mistakes and myths that people have made in this thread. It was growing to be quite a large post, so I scrapped it and decided I wouldsummarise a few things.

1 - People do not feed knobtail geckoes/blue tongues etc to our animals because they are native, they are protected, they do not cause any unnatural destruction to wildlife populations, they are expensive, they offer no benefits over rodent/mammalian prey, and finally - it's illegal!

2 - To those people trying to downplay the negative effects of feral cats in Australia, please take the time to research some facts, rather than relying on presumptions and emotion. It is estimated that two and seven BILLION native animals are killed each year by feral cats, and that is a very conservative estimate. Also, that estimate is just feral cats, it doesn't include the moggy down the road with the bell around its neck and the naive owners who swear their cat doesn't hunt. ALL cats hunt, regardless of age/size/breed/training, it is instinct. They are, if I remember correctly, the second biggest killer of native wildlife outside of habitat destruction.

Some links -

http://www.feralcat.com/sarah1.html

http://www.reptilesdownunder.com/articles/facade/

There was also a paper by Hal Cogger that was really informative, but I can't seem to find it.

Sorry if I come across as harsh in this post, it isn't my intention, however this subject is something I am passionate about, as should anyone who has an interest in native wildlife. The best thing for Aussie animals at this point (besides totally bannings feral animals as pets), is a permit system for cats and dogs, the removal of them from pet shops, and a law brought in to make the possession of undesexed cats/dogs illegal, outside of a few (read - very few!) registered breeders. This, coupled with more biological control research into feral animals, would be the biggest turning point for wildlife populations.

Cheers

Jonno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back