2 escapees in one night....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweethips12

Reaction score
Well.....As you do on a Saturday night....you go out drinking....in this case it was my mates 21st....so needless to say it was going to be a interesting night.

I had one of my new enclosures dropped round that my granddad had made up for me....in a hurry i cut up the marine carpet, stuck a light bulb in the light cage thing and set up the heat cord...i dont know if any of you know of the round things you get to put on computer desks to feed cords through...well that was what i was using for my cages. in this case...you have to be carfull cause if you put it in the wrong way the snake can push it out (or so i found out the hard way)

so this was my mistake....i was in a hurry to go out and didnt think about the way i installed the cable feeder thingy. so i go out, have fun and a few drinks like you do....and get home at 2am in the morning...i go in to see my babies like i always do...and realise one of the water dishes is low on water....as i get it out and turn around to go fill it up o see my 2 1/2 year old carpets crawling over the feeding cage for my spotteds...."holly crap how did he get out!' was the first thought that run through my somewhat foggy brain :oops: as i pick him up and get my mate to hold him and check out the cage...

And you guessed it...he pushed the cable thingy out and decided to go for a walk. So i yell out to my partner Jake (who was prob in a worse state than i was) to get him to fix the cable thingy up for me....we fix the problem and put the snake back...everything is fine...

so i do a check of the other cages....and yup....one of the spotteds did the same thing in the other cage....but this time wasnt siiting right next to me feet! so needless to say after alot of swearing a cursing...pulling the snake room apart...we find the other behind the bookcase at 3am in the morning!!

I just want to say....thank goodness i keep my snakes in the spare room where the door is always closed so that when things like this happen....there are only so many hiding places in one room instead of the whole house.....

So after a very stress full early morning....everything worked out okay!!

Just have to say i am now so paranoid about them getting out im checking them every 5mins when im at home!!!

awww Jess that must have been horrible!!!! and searching for escapees whilst a little bit too happy wouldve been interesting lol

Glad it all turned out ok though...

BIG HUGS :D

thank god u found them so quickly!!

that had teh potential to ruin a good night! :)

Well it was a goodnight...apart from the massive fight that Jake and i had about it...lol...but thats over and done with and put it is way...i dont think he will let me get anymore snakes for awhile now:cry:as it was "all my fault and it wouldnt have happened to anyone eles"....silly males who dont share out passion about snakes!!

Oh Jess, that was a lucky break for you!!! That's the worse feeling when you realise one of your babies has escaped!!! I nearly had that feeling on Saturday night as well but it was more "misplaced" snake....
I was feeding all my babies and I got to Nala who at the moment due to be sick has a number of hides under the heat as well as away from it... anyway I'm tapping the rat around the hole of the one she's ALWAYS in ..... and no response.... so I pick the hide up... NO NALA... so I realise for once in her life she's in the other hide... :rolleyes:.... I tap the rat once.... and WHACK!!!! It's gone!!! I think she was hungry!!!! She's recovering from her RI and the vet says now we are safe to get back onto a good feeding regime every 10days!!! But for a moment I thought she was gone so it's not nice!!

I'm glad though you found him (was it Mike or Priscilla??) and everything is ok now!!

tell jake hes a knob.... i had 2 uni kids studying herpetology not close a click clack properly and my Isis escaped :evil::rolleyes:.....

I've always told you that forgiveness is easier than permission Jess!!! lol

it was Priscilla the bigger male carpet who is 5feet long, and Choji one of my male spotteds!!

Eclair is the evil one...the one that we thought was preggers and now isnt..??:shock::shock: Choji is her boyfriend and she would have been heartbreaken if he hadnt of come back...they love eachother.

that sucks, my ackies are escape artists, luckily i have the reptile room set up. i just worry if they somehow got in with one of my BHPs..... lunch time

Oh i forgot...there is noway she could be pinning for him since i seperated him.....;) how silly of me to think they have emotions to some degree....bad Jess!!

that sucks, my ackies are escape artists, luckily i have the reptile room set up. i just worry if they somehow got in with one of my BHPs..... lunch time

I freaked that maybe my carpet python had eaten the spotted at first when we could find the spotted!

i'm glad to hear you found them, but sorry to hear the ecaped in the first place,

hmm, no comment on jake as i don't know him, but i'm with cass, lol, you have to keep them at least 6 months after you buy them, :lol:

LOL....i know.....hey atlease im still getting Ruby this weekend!

Now i have to get something eles cause money just burns holes in my pockets!! lol

Oh i forgot...there is noway she could be pinning for him since i seperated him.....;) how silly of me to think they have emotions to some degree....bad Jess!!

thats right, what a very silly thought of you to have had!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back