Asian House Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

Hi all just wondering if you need a lincence. because apparently they are a pest in queensland. and when my grandma opens the cupboard door the fall out wondering if she could bring. some down or if it is illegal. because they not native though they may make good snake food ;););)

NOOOOOOoooooo

GECKOS DONT MAKE GREAT SNAKE FOOD!!:(
Besides it is certainly not neccesary!! :x:x

it is sometimes, only for burtons tho, for snakes i would prefer to force feed than feed lizards

Hi all just wondering if you need a lincence. because apparently they are a pest in queensland. and when my grandma opens the cupboard door the fall out wondering if she could bring. some down or if it is illegal. because they not native though they may make good snake food ;););)
If your in NSW they are treated the same as a native gecko, so no you can't

Can you go out without a permit and catch any other reptiles to keep as pets in this country? NO, so I don't think so sorry.

Pretty sure that in QLD, it's perfectly legal to capture the Asian House Gecko and keep it as a pet if you wish.

Why would you want to? Just because you have access to them it means you have to have some? If so, every QLD Herper would own them.

Also, why would you feed a gecko when the snake is happy to feed on other food? You must be twisted if youd just like to see an innocent Gecko by crushed and eaten....

I used to keep them as pets. They were great little critters and tamed down really well. Hold up, let me find some photos.

rocket i dont see where he said he would feed live. Yes its stupid to feed geckos if its eating rodents but some need to start on gecko's

Picture949.jpg

Johnny

Picture919.jpg

Anthony

Picture916.jpg

Jewel (she was a rescue project. Found her getting attacked by a cat so I took her in and cared for her.)

Picture908.jpg

Their house

Jewel was preggers when I got her and laid three eggs which hatched

Picture972.jpg

Picture971.jpg

The babies moved into the adult enclosure when they were bigger.

And the guy who started it all; Cujo

cujo.png

Unfortunately I had to move down to NSW so I released them all but Cujo who is still with me. He stayed with a friend during my time in NSW. I still see Jewel and Johnny hanging around together.

Jewel was preggers when I got her and laid three eggs which hatched
G'day Horsy

I think you will find that one of the other adult geckos was gravid as well, as they are only capable of laying one or two eggs at a time, never three.

If anyone in Brisbane wants to catch me some, I have a few species of small elapid that would be very thankful!

Cheers

Jonno

If anyone in Brisbane wants to catch me some, I have a few species of small elapid that would be very thankful!

Cheers

Jonno

What species do you have?
There are plenty of them around my place although they take more effort to catch in winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back