Shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scag

Reaction score
Hey my mac has shed twice in 2weeks is this normal, also i fed her while she is shedding and she took the moue and ate it is this bad?

Thanks.

My guy feeds while in shed with no worries, but shedding twice in as many weeks is not normal

It's certainly not common for snakes to shed as often as this, but it does happen. Sometimes it's for no apparent reason, other times it can be due to a growth spurt.

I wouldn't be concerned about mites being the cause. A snake would need to be heavily infested with mites for it to shed twice in such a short space of time, and you would have detected the mites before then. Still would be wise to check for mites, though.

Feeding a snake during any stage of shedding isn't bad. It would be wise not feed them while in their milky stage of shedding(but still can be done), but feeding her any time after this is okay.

my snake shed times in 8 days when it had a severe RI, vet said any stress/injury will cause repeated sheds

snakes will put themselves into the slough cycle as part of the healing process for any injury.....

as for your snake.... i wouldnt worry too much if it appears to be normal and healthy

i cant see any mites, i dont know what they look like though she looks normal and healthy as i said she has eaten so im sure she cant be to stressed though i have moved in with my mate and my snake enclosure is about 30cm away from his bredli enclosure. also there where no signs of her shedding, no milky eyes, i just looked at her this afternoon and she was slithering around her hide and the enclosure with some skin hanging off i came back 30min later and there she was lookin great with her old skin wrapped around her hide. What do i look for when looking for mites, i cleaned her enclosure yesterday and put new paper substrate in and didnt notice anything odd.

Thanks.

mites get around the eyes,nose,vents ect they look like brown to reddish crawly dots. when they get mites they bathe themselfs for a long period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back