Anyone into cars?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't get excited about run of the mill family cars. People stick chrome wheels and dustbin exhausts on them but they still look like family cars.

yep... its like putting a big spoiler on a mini van people mover or something, just looks stoopid

well this is our family car - mitsubishi challenger
i.mitsubishi.challenger.05aug.jpg

and this pic is from google - our car has one of those cool long fins at the back - kinda like silverbeasts

This is what i am currently building/ modifing. Current build has been going for around 2 yrs. I have a lot of new parts to go on this car. Spent heaps so far and no where near finished.

100_1053.jpg

100_1047.jpg

Its a 1975 XB Coupe

can't get excited by new cars, exception being the lotus elise and exige..
for me nothing beats the original mini, Not the *******isation of an icon made by BMW..

Here's mine it's a work in progress but i love it.. The same age as me which means i just can't give up on it:)
Image004.jpg

I've posted pics of my baby before....

Heres Scarlett..... all original (well as much as can be) 1974 Datsun 260z 2+2 Sports Coupe, imported version of L26 2565cc straight 6 engine.

Totally rust free.... 85,000 original KILOMETRES (woohoo).... originally bought as a rally car in WA... never won anything major but I'm only the 3rd owner.... Until i brought her back to life she had been sitting in a garage for 12yrs untouched and still kicked over :D

Converted drum brakes to discs, 2.5inch exhaust back from the manifold with drop tip (but not doof doof ugly :rolleyes:), triple kingston webber carbys goin in next week :D....

All orginal interior (minus old radio that kept elecocuting (sp?) me!!!!), original optioned air con WOOHOO....

Resprayed approx 6yrs ago in 2pac 'Scarlett Red'.

Contimplating having a transmission upgrade when i quit buying snakes LOL....

Shes my pride and joy..... and also a daily driver.... i dont see the point in keeping such beauty under wraps.... although in a couple of years she'll be a weekend only driver :cry:

Attachments

• scarlett front.jpg
    scarlett front.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 45
  • scarlett open.jpg
    scarlett open.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 41
  • scarlett engine bay.jpg
    scarlett engine bay.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 42
  • scarlett carbys.jpg
    scarlett carbys.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 44
  • scarlett side.jpg
    scarlett side.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 42
*******isation

WHOOPS:oops:

Didn't think that was a bad word....my bad

interior needs a bit of love, will get the carpet redone but the seats are in excellent conidition...

original rims... unforunately the only badge left is the Z badge as she was debadged for racing...

the back shot wasbefore i had the exhaust done....

Attachments

• scarlett inside 2.jpg
    scarlett inside 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 42
  • scarlett horn badge.jpg
    scarlett horn badge.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 48
  • scarlett original rims.jpg
    scarlett original rims.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 40
  • scarlett badge.jpg
    scarlett badge.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 39
  • scarlett back.jpg
    scarlett back.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 39
love the car swing, datsun took the E-type jag and made it prettier :D

thanks bredli... she is beautiful.... and yep stole the e type made it prettier and affordable... too bad it all went down hill the the skylines came in:x:rolleyes::lol:

240z & 260z are the ONLY japanese made cars to be giving classic status according to Shannons Classic Cars.... :D

This is what i am currently building/ modifing. Current build has been going for around 2 yrs. I have a lot of new parts to go on this car. Spent heaps so far and no where near finished.

100_1053.jpg

100_1047.jpg

Its a 1975 XB Coupe

That is definitely worth pourig $$$$$$s into. Good luck with the build Jess, I love the XA-XB coupes, they are one of the most appealing of all the muscle cars. I always wanted an RPO83, way back when everyone had no idea what they were, now they are pulling equivalent dollars to Phase IIIs.

WOW! i like many of these cars!

oh, and nikki_elmo, they're called spoilers. they're meant to keep the car on the road (like formula 1 cars) but are purely for decoration as you have to go around 200 or 300 for them to do anything! Pointless really, but they look good when they aren't too big!

ours was there when we got it - second hand ,almost new, its not that big as the ones on the previous pics

Best of both worlds

I cant work out what turns me on more, strap a woma in the passenger seat & hit 100K's in around 5 seconds, best of both worlds!

Attachments

• DSCF1593a.JPG
    DSCF1593a.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1578a.JPG
    DSCF1578a.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF1582.jpg
    DSCF1582.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 42
This is my turbo toy, although dont drive it as much these days as it tends to attract unwanted attention from the boys in blue....

I don't think there would be many agree with that, you don't get much prettier than an E Type convertible.

love the car swing, datsun took the E-type jag and made it prettier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back