not eating.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dentech

Reaction score
hi, i have a childrens python, she hasnt eaten in 6 weeks, cage temp is ok, and her condition is good, am i stressin over nothing, or should i consider force feeding ??? thanks, worried owner

Its the middle of winter, thats normal. I'm not even feeding most of mine. Don't stress for a couple of months.

Yeah I have a childrens that isn't eating either, not worried at this time of year tho, you'll be ok.

my south western has stopped eating as well, im not stressing yet give it another few weeks. when i first got him he didnt eat for 2 months until he settled in.

Have a coastal doing the same thing, except for 3 force feed mice, nothing since about march this year, still active and appears in good health.
Cheers, Davo

one of my jungles only eats every 4 weeks he is 8 months old .Ihave tried everything but still only seems to be hungry then. dont panic unless it looks sickly if its eatin before it will eat again Sometimes my stimmies when young are quite shy and only take food that is left near the hide .

hey there

i have a carpet hatchy doing the same stuff the male i have eats all the time but the female dont wanna eat

last time i fed her i got a pinky rat and rubbed it on a mouse for abit and bang she took it

will be trying that again soon so maybe give that a go

cheerz

From today's other "my snake is not eating" thread

How old is she nitro? And one VERY important thing to remember is that many snakes of of their food during winter. The reason for this is quite simple. whilst it may be warm today (when they eat) it is quite possible that the next two weeks will be cold and therefore not allow the snake to digest its food. This results in the meal rotting in the snakes belly eventually killing it.

So dont stress. It is quite normal.

All this of course assumes that you haven;t changed any of your caging circumstances recently and that you are maintaining adequate temperatures. Also that you haven't placed a small snake in a large cage thus stressing the crap out of it. That will also stop it eating.

Not that ALL snakes will do this. I have 5 pythons that are still getting heat at the moment. 3 are eating and 2 arent.

My spotted python hasn't eaten for a month, despite the fact that she's on summer temps and active. I wouldn't worry, as long as the animal isn't losing condition. Try offering food in spring.

Yeah like everyone said dont stress they can got for months without a feed if they dont want to eat. force feeding is a little extream after only a few weeks. Maybe try offering your snake different types of food ie if younormaly feed Rat try a mice the change might get her interested if not relax its winter she prob just wants to be left to think deap and meaningful thoughts like how awsome the Roosters are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back