Beardie Stories....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweethips12

Reaction score
Hi All...
Im trying to convince my partner to let me get a beardie...its not working.

I was wondering if people could post funny stories about there beardies and how great thier personalities are so maybe i will have a shot.

Even if he says no again it will be great to hear all the stories.

Cheers
Jess

Mine doesn't do to many weird things but he only does a poo in the exact same place every time.

Awwww we've got so many stories bout Dodge....

Lately he has developed a strange hate of shoes.... when hes running around the lounge room he finds em.... puffs out his beard... jumps on em.... jumps back off em.... puffs up his beard again and whacks em with his tail LOL :rolleyes::lol:

Hes very attached to the blinds in my lounge room... and plays hide and seek in them.... ;)

Always poops in his bath.... and if we're not home to give him a bath... always in his water... :?

Once he stole an Allens Snake lolly from Andys mouth while he was sitting on his shoulder LMAO :shock::lol:

Hes scared of the doors of the pantry.... if hes standing anywhere near em when they open he bolts the other way from some unknown reason... :?

He loves his vitamins..... often licking the bowl clean ;)

When he sits on Andys head he tries to lick his eye lashes everytime Andy blinks LOL :lol:

His favourite thing in the world is snuggling up with his mum or dad on the lounge with a blankie ;)

If you go without 1m of his roach tub he jumps from wherever he is sitting in his cage and begins pacing up and down.... :shock:

He 'pretends' not to eat his greens and beardie pellets...... if you catch him eating them he drops em outta his mouth and turns his back on em.... but if he doesnt know your watching he happily has a munch on em :rolleyes::lol:

Hmmm thats all i can think of right now.... but get a beardie!!! i mean im a snake girl and i always will be.... but im glad we have dodge :D

Few pics of him too... just in case ;)

Attachments

• dodgecollar2.jpg
    dodgecollar2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 38
  • dodgehiding.jpg
    dodgehiding.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 42
  • dodgespoiled.jpg
    dodgespoiled.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 39
  • dodgecouch.jpg
    dodgecouch.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 40
  • dodgegreencouch.jpg
    dodgegreencouch.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 39
What is it about beardies that he is not keen on? They are so adorable and have the biggest personalities! :D
Here are a few of my fave beardie piccies:

banner.jpg

bathtime.jpg

And for funny stories, check out these threads:

Beardie Thinks She's A Property Tycoon

Beardies do the darndest things...

Ohh you have to get at least one!

They make great pets.

Ours is house trained (no ,we didn't train him!)

He will only poop in his outside cage, going bananas in his inside enclosure until we take him out to poop (guess he can't stand the smell of his poo in his tank!)

If we feed him a thawed pinkie mouse for a treat, i have to tie invisible cotton to it's tail and make out it's alive and he stalks it, it's hilarious!!

He just loves to run around the house and likes to see what food the cats have left behind in the kitchen.

We are planning on a girlfriend for ours, he is 6 now, it will be funny to watch them together I think! hehehe

Tell your partner that he won't regret saying yes to a beardie, they are fantastic!

Ohh and here is our Stumpy, he didn't have his tail when we got him as an adult, would be funny to get one with a tail! hehehehe

Attachments

• Stumps02.jpg
    Stumps02.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 49
hey Cass, Dodge is looking excellent! i cant believe how much hes grown!

my 2 are house lizards, they poop in the bath for me each morning, then they join me in the shower.

i hand feed them their salad, one eats from my hand, the other wants to be chased with it, by that i mean she'll run a bit, wait fro me, run a bit more then eat some then run and wait then eat, shes so funny, their on a diet at the moment so whenever they see the roach tub they run around it trying to get @ the roach reflections they can see in it.
oh, and they look really cute when they chew,...

Chub runs over to teh sliding door in the balcony every morning to check if her heat baggys out yet, she likes to sit there when the sun starts coming in,....

dad has one of those remote control helicopters and accidentally crashed it near the lizards in teh back yard, so chub attacked it and broke it, thats about the only thing she 'beards' so funny.

they absolutely love cuddles and hate being put down

beardies are the best!!
get a beardie!!! :)

my 2 are house lizards, they poop in the bath for me each morning, then they join me in the shower.

After you told that story about how Bug and Chub love the shower, I decided to see if Phoenix would like it too. I took her in the shower last night, she loved it! :)

She was in a water-baby mood last night, she climbed into her water dish for a paddle too - something we haven't seen her do very often!

awww, how cute! :)
glad she loved her shower!! :)

Awww, I so want a couple of beardies now! Well I wanted some before... but now I want some even more!

I was taking a pic of one of the other beardies in the enclousure when this little girl decided to try and eat the lanyard on the camera.
Reps 104.jpgReps 101.jpg

Thanks guys...keep coming
Oh and Miss B, he isnt keen on them as he isnt a huge reptile fan...and he doesnt think beardies are cute!!

But if he finds out they have more personallity than snakes he might be up for it....fingers crossed.

Oh, but they are cute!! :) Here is a pic I took of Phoenix sleeping last night:

sleepy-1.jpg

i know they are cute...just he doesnt see it :(

Im hoping to show him this thread 2nite and go "see...they will make a great pet!" :)

I fell in love with the little beardie hatchlings at our local Pet Store, they were so cute and inquisitive. That's what made us want to get beardies :) My partner thought they were cute too, but I don't think either of us realised how much personality beardies can have. Phoenix in particular has really surprised us!! She follows me around like a little puppy dog sometimes :D Beardies are a lot more interactive than other reptiles.

I hope you can convince him that beardies make cute pets :)

i know they are cute...just he doesnt see it :(

Im hoping to show him this thread 2nite and go "see...they will make a great pet!" :)

jsut get one without tellign him :p its easier that way!! lol ive been doign it for years. and the reptile shop here doesn't help either he encourages me :p

hahah its the best way to live, and all my life i have foudn it very hard to say no!!! specially when i get the hole looks like it will get put down then!! hmm thats how i got pet rats and numerous cats and a few dogs hahah though my gf doesn't really mind what i get but then again she doens't have to live with them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back