Help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she will be getting a very big present.
I feel so much better now that he will be able to get the surgery or what is needed.

Very nice of your Nan to help you out. :D

It sounds like you should avoid feeding chicken necks to your snake.

Also, you can buy pet insurance these days. I don't know if they offer it for snakes, but it might be worthwhile to check.

pet insurance only covers cats and dogs. :(

so nice of ur nan to help u out,... :)
i dont think i'll bother with chicken necks after reading that.... :(

in future , i think most vets will give you some sort of payment plan , where you could pay half now and the rest in a few weeks ........or some thin along those lines .

Glad your nan is helping. Ive never heard of a vet demanding payment like that.....all the ones I have had any dealings with will always work out a payment plan. id be looking for another vet.

We learnt about this in Vet. Professional Studies. All vet surgeries, if you explain your problem will do the surgery and allow you to pay it off gradually. Remember vets (on the most part) become vets because they love animals, and alot of the time are willing to cut costs of surgery to clients. They should definitely let you pay it off gradually. If not, find a new vet!

EDIT: stupid me didn't notice the second page of posts. GO NAN! Also, find a new vet quick smart 'cause they shouldn't demand you pay up front.

We learnt about this in Vet. Professional Studies. All vet surgeries, if you explain your problem will do the surgery and allow you to pay it off gradually. Remember vets (on the most part) become vets because they love animals, and alot of the time are willing to cut costs of surgery to clients. They should definitely let you pay it off gradually. If not, find a new vet!

EDIT: stupid me didn't notice the second page of posts. GO NAN! Also, find a new vet quick smart 'cause they shouldn't demand you pay up front.
unfortunately a lot of vets have had to take away accounts due to the simple fact that people do not pay. the nurse that was very upfront would have simply been doing his/her job as they are told there is no exceptions quite often although the practice manager will quite often orgainse a payment scheme for you if you make a time to speak to them about your issue and if they feel you are honest. now i know from experience, reasons why some vets have this policy especially for new customers as one- peopel dont pay and two- even thoguh you have told a person how much this will cost after it has been done and the animals is right to come home a lot of peopel make a big deal about how much it cost and will quiet often yell at the poor nurses askign for payment and then say they will not pay it. so it is understandable but they will often compromise especially for a 14 year old who is passionate abotu his little python. how could a vet say no!

I know this must be extremely frustrating, in Sydney there is the RSPCA, where if you are in dire straits, you can have veterinary procedures done at a lower cost than an average fee from a vet. It may be worth checking out.
Good luck

Just some news.He has had the bone removed and will be fine.
I'm now at my Nan's thanking her.

Great to hear!!! Hope the little guy makes a full recovery

unfortunately a lot of vets have had to take away accounts due to the simple fact that people do not pay. the nurse that was very upfront would have simply been doing his/her job as they are told there is no exceptions quite often although the practice manager will quite often orgainse a payment scheme for you if you make a time to speak to them about your issue and if they feel you are honest. now i know from experience, reasons why some vets have this policy especially for new customers as one- peopel dont pay and two- even thoguh you have told a person how much this will cost after it has been done and the animals is right to come home a lot of peopel make a big deal about how much it cost and will quiet often yell at the poor nurses askign for payment and then say they will not pay it. so it is understandable but they will often compromise especially for a 14 year old who is passionate abotu his little python. how could a vet say no!

Yeah I realise this, we do prac at vet surgeries and get people like that kicking up a stink all the time. Makes it very difficult, and really annoys everyone. Hard to trust people, but the surgery I worked at is great. Often will do surgeries for half price etc because the owner is a real sucker for animals.

Anyway glad to hear the little python is all better!

Will your folks drive you to another vet if it is cheaper???????

Call Terri Bellamy and get quotes.

Simone.

good to see ur snake is better.
did you use the Mt sugarloaf vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back