Help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steph

Reaction score
hey guys im concerned about my spotted python because she has been acting stange all week.normaly she is realy active at night and wonders around the cage but she has not come out of her box all week, i even woke up last night to have a look at her n she was still in the box.i took the box out last night with her in it n she still didnt come out so i gently pulled her out n when i put her back in the cage she went strate back into the box.i dont think she is hibernating because the box was located in the cool end and even when her cage got realy warm she still did not move.i also fed her 5 days ago(sunday) n she still hasnt done a poo, so im realy concerned about her.what is wrong with her????

could she be getting ready to shed?

are her eyes milky?

Maybe she is coming up to a shed, i dont think u have anything to worry about really. Some times snakes just need some quiet time.

She may be going in to preslough. They become very reclusive when they are about to shed. Dont worry too much, if she is looking healthy, look out for the cloudy eyes, that is a sure sign, but you may of missed it. In a couple of days to maybe a week, you will come out and find an old skin in the enclosure and a lovely looking snakey. She will probably poo once she has shed.

Well if she already shed, she may just want to be left alone....remember they arent like cats and dogs, they dont really want our attention, they tolerate it, so as long as everything else seems ok, dont panic, it is normal for them to not poo regularly, if the weather is a little colder she may be taking longer to digest her food. If you are super worried take her to a vet, or another experienced herp.

ok thanx its just that iv had her for 2 months and she doesnt act like that she has always been eager to come out and she loves to be handled.usualy i take her out at night when im watchin tv n have her out for 30-1hr n when i go to put her back in her cage she doesnt want to.

Sometimes mine spends 5 days straight without moving on his rock under his lamp, sometimes he spends 5 days straight in his hide.. Sometimes he doesn't stop crawling around everywhere. She's just being different.

She could still be going into her own hibernation. Last year my diamond automatically put himself into hibernation. He sat at the cool end for 2 months and didn't move, and didn't eat for the whole 2 months. It stressed me out but he was fine and moved around and ate when he was ready.

YAY!! she finally did a poo (took her 6 days) i got up this morning at 4:30am and she was crawling around her cage so i took her out and sat with her for a while.so im not so worried anymore.thanx guys for all your help

It sounds to me like there's nothing wrong at all. Its perfectly normal to slow down in winter, I slow down feeding if not stop it altogether for winter for mine.

Last edited:
ok what just happened with your spotted is worrying me, will the same thing hgappen to a stimpsoni python?
cuz i get my 1st ever reptile next week its going to be a stimpsoni and i'm worried if that will happen , do you have any idea if it will?
anyways cya <3sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back