some red thing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

javier

Reaction score
hey guys i have a bredli and where its ass is a red bubble or somthing like that hanging out
just like to know what it is it doesnt look to normal to me
cheers, javier

Take it to a vet, its a prolaps(or how ever ya spell it)

Try to keep the "bubble" wet with some warm water/tissue as well - go to the vet!

Eww. Maybe his hemipene is stuck? Just a guess, lol.

its not good, get it to a vet asap

prolapse it where part of the tubular inside bits (ie intestine or vagina) get pushed outside the body and is a serious issue that if untreated will probably lead to death. get it to a vet fast as the section of intestine can only last so long without a good blood supply. Dont be tempted to just poke it back it - this could also kill the snake. if you dont know of a good reptile vet around you could try the emergency hospital in weribee (the one that is also the uni melb vet school) although as far as i know there is not anyone there who knows much about them.

the closet i know of is out towards tullamarine and i have know idea what i've done with their details

Sounds like a prolapse, unusual for bredli but possible, basically his bum has fallen out and he needs to retract it. Im assuming also it is a hatchling snake.
Make up a mix of sugar and hot water into a syrup.
Put it in as small a container as you can with the animal - chinese container is ideal, as it has a slightly raised floor in the middle. Small for the snake but shouldnt matter.
Keep warm and watch.
Definitely keep moist at all times.
Beware of ants!!

If you are lucky it should suck its prolapse back in, Bredli should have fairly strong muscles back there and he should suck it in,
Id leave him up to 24 hrs before seeking a vet or someone you know who can pop them back in - make sure it NEVER drys and maintains some heat for the animal and air supply of course!
Cheers
Adam

Dr Brendan Carmel is good - im a vet student and he spoke to us as a lecturor and really knew his stuff. he runs a specialty pactice but he is in warranwood wherever that is
1 coleman rd warranwood 3134 ph 03 9879 0900

I've seen this a few times in Diamonds mostly....If you haven't dealt with it before go to a vet

I think Dr Peter Green is somewhat close, Altona North Vet Clinic. He's helpful and won't rip you off

their are no reptile vets avalable till tomorow do eany of you guys who have experiance who live close and can help me today
i got a pic aswell

Attachments

• P8010517.JPG
    P8010517.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Mate a prolapse is serious, not something "anyone" can help you with. Keep it warm and moist importantly! He really needs a vet as soon as you possibly can. I'd even go to a non-rep vet if I had to, here, as prolapses are all the same same in reptiles or anything else. (To a degree, before I get flamed)

Sounds like a prolapse, unusual for bredli but possible,
Cheers
Adam

My frist bredli 8 years ago died of a prolapse (only snake I have had prolapse) :(

Even after along vet stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back