Whats Wrong With My Maccie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko_ProCs

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Over the last few days my Maccie has been weezing and and making noises that sounds like sneezes, after each "sneeze" he opens his mouth as if he is in pain and backs up.
At first i thought he was just making the large hiss noise because he was sheding and the loose skin around his nose might have been tickling him a bit. but he shed today and and is still making the noise and puffing up his throat.

Which makes me think he may have something caught in his throat or wind pipe, but i cant think what?
there is nothing in the tank for him to ingest???

can anyone advise me on what to do please?

~cheers
~Camo

sounds like a respiratory infection. Get it to a reptile vet ASAP. Don't leave it as it may die!

Also make sure your temperatures in the enclosure are at a constant 30 degrees day and night and reduce the amount of water in the enclosure to the barest minimum to reduce humidity.

Last edited:
I'd say straight to a Vet.
I can't help with what the problem could be sorry.

As you are in Penrith make an appointment at the South Penrith Veterinary Clinic with Dr Robert Johnson Ph (02) 47214796 Addy:- 126 Stafford St South Penrith NSW 2750.

One of the best reptile vets in the state.

yep sorry but that definately sounds like respitory infection, get him to the vet asap and turn the temp up

thanx alot
im really worried about him as he was my first snake
and has the best temprement
i cant think of what i'll do if he died
theres a few vets close but im not sure if they are reptile vets
but a vet's a vet and should be able to help
but if anyone knows of a reptile vet near penrith could you let me know

thanx again

As you are in Penrith make an appointment at the South Penrith Veterinary Clinic with Dr Robert Johnson Ph (02) 47214796 Addy:- 126 Stafford St South Penrith NSW 2750.

One of the best reptile vets in the state.

thank you i'll do so right away

just letting everyone know Mac made a full recovery :)
the vet said apart from the cough he was perfectly healthy and well looked after.
he is alot happier and shed yesterday morning and i noticed a fair increase in size to
he's only 19 months and is a about 5cm away from being a meter.
ive been told thats a good growth rate :)
thank you Hazzard for ure referral to the South Penrith Vet Clinic, they were great
and i will definatly go back to them if (god forbid) any other problems happen

~Cheers
Camo....

Over the last few days my Maccie has been weezing and and making noises that sounds like sneezes, after each "sneeze" he opens his mouth as if he is in pain and backs up.
At first i thought he was just making the large hiss noise because he was sheding and the loose skin around his nose might have been tickling him a bit. but he shed today and and is still making the noise and puffing up his throat.

Which makes me think he may have something caught in his throat or wind pipe, but i cant think what?
there is nothing in the tank for him to ingest???

can anyone advise me on what to do please?

~cheers
~Camo

Just discovered the same problem with my stimson tonight while cleaning his enclosure out. Anybody know any reptile vets on the north side of Brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back