i'm a total nub

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wredwilly

Reaction score
u guys would laugh at me, cos my collection consists of a single snake i bought at the pet store, to be honest i dont even know what he is, some kind of python, i hope he's not a lizard with his legs cut off. anyhow, greetings all, this is supposed to be where i introduce myself so *waves* hello.

i like beer & long walks at the beach, and girls named Cherish.

what is the coldest climate snakes will live in? what happens to snakes on a cold nite where there is frost & it gets down to zero?

Welcome.
Wouldn't you know the name of the species of python on your licence?

Welcome!

We don't laugh at people with only one snake :shock: APS has members that don't even own any reptiles, everyone is welcome :)

Can't help you with the snake question though, sorry.

gday red willy,

First thing you need to do is identify the type of python you have purchased, post a pic on here or atleast call the shop you bought it from.

Then you have to make sure that you are looking after it properly.

What is it living in?

How are you heating it?

donk

black botch

he's a black botch i think, we got him in a makeshift cage on top of the fridge where it's kinda warmish, we've got a pamphlet from the shop about how to look after him, but my brother is more keen, so he's more his than mine, well actually its his snake, but i like to say its mine, i'm more like the snakes southern redneck uncle cletus. haven't taken a foto yet. he's happy so don't stress. tho im not too sure how to tell if a snake is happy or sad really, he hasn't bitten me yet, which is a good sign, tho i dont trust the way he looks at me with those snake eyes, i reckon he might be reckoning on having a taste of my plump finger sometime soon.

Snakeaddict........is that you.......?

:shock::shock::shock::shock::rolleyes:

i hope you have yoru flame suit on there mate...

i do strongly suggest that you and your brother go and do some real research and not be so irresponsible....

there are plenty of ppl on here that can help you all you need to do is ask...

you can tell if a snakes stressed by the way it flicks its tongue out or the way it coils etc.
if you could explain how tight its coils are or how fast or slow its tongue is goin in and out of its mouth, you can get a general idea as to how this snake is coping in its environment, whether it be too cold, fed enough, right sized enclosure etc...
cheers
Ryan

he's a black botch i think, we got him in a makeshift cage on top of the fridge where it's kinda warmish, we've got a pamphlet from the shop about how to look after him, but my brother is more keen, so he's more his than mine, well actually its his snake, but i like to say its mine, i'm more like the snakes southern redneck uncle cletus. haven't taken a foto yet. he's happy so don't stress. tho im not too sure how to tell if a snake is happy or sad really, he hasn't bitten me yet, which is a good sign, tho i dont trust the way he looks at me with those snake eyes, i reckon he might be reckoning on having a taste of my plump finger sometime soon.

So the only heating your providing comes for the fridge?

The Antarctic Green Tree Pythons live in sub zero conditions all year long. They eat penguins and hide amongst penguin urine stained ice...

The Antarctic Green Tree Pythons live in sub zero conditions all year long. They eat penguins and hide amongst penguin urine stained ice...

its always about the green ones isnt it paul?!?!?!

its always about the green ones isnt it paul?!?!?!

It's because the albino ones are yellow!!! Although they survive in the Antarctic conditions quite well, but it's the high fish diet in the penguin that allows the GTP of Antarctica to hide amongst the 'green' ice...

Antarctic Green Tree Pythons

lol

hmm perhaps i should get some green paint & keep him IN the fridge instead of on top of it?... tho getting hold of good quality penguin urine could be a tad difficult. *note to self, roflcopter down to seaworld for some freshly squeezed pengy urine.*

swingonthespiral... ouch on the flame suit, im a nooby, and far more irresponsible than my brother imo. im confident he'll be well cared for.

haha u guys are crackin me up, too many to reply to tho.

how is it that the albino ones are yellow?... ohhhh haha i get it...no wait...no i don't...hollld on yes i do...no...yep...hahaha i do i do i do !!!

seriously, theres no ice snakes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back