Females After Breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
are female snakes extremely malnourished / skinny after breeding? I imagine it would be a lot of hard work for their bodies. Do they face many health risks just after breeding?

Just curious is all.....

They souldn't if they're fattened up enough before winter.

They do loose a lot of condition most times that's why it's important to make sure your female has good weight on her before breeding and they say best to incubate otherwise that's longer time your female will loose condition. After having there eggs you can start getting them fed up to condition again, the only risks I know of is if they are under condition it's possible you could loose them but there is probably other things I'm not aware of.

It can and does take alot out of the female especially if she maternaly incubates the eggs.

Most breeders wiil take the eggs once laid and incubate in an incubator, that way you can get the female back onto her food quicker and she can get her condition back quicker.

are they able to breed two years in a row?

do you have to try and make a conscience effort to "fatten" up or feed the female very well before breeding or is just the normal feeding schedule sufficient?

do you have to try and make a conscience effort to "fatten" up or feed the female very well before breeding or is just the normal feeding schedule sufficient?

Depends on your "normal" feeding.
You dont want her going into it under fed and hungry but you also dont want a big fat jabba the python.

If my females are good and healthy looking, i'll chuck em a couple of extra rats leading up to it.

big fat jabba python.....i like that!

thanks for your advice donk, im a way off breeding yet but i saw a pic of gtp from the states after it had incubated and its skin just seemed to be hanging off it and was curious if that was normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back