Welcome Back....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad

Reaction score
..into my life aps.
havent been here for a while.
over a few months id say

i came here to get advice for choosing the right snake, and after much deliberation i ended up choosing a southwestern carpet python. being from WA it was either that or a stimson :p

soooo its been a while, and when i left here she wouldnt have been over 40cm long. shes easy topping 60 now. not much else has changed, other than the fact ive installed a UV light in her enclosure. and shes moved onto pinkie rats and fuzzie mice. as opposed to those little jelly bean pinkie mice that just looked so unforfilling...

i took a couple of videos a week or so back when i fed her. i uploaded them on myspace. so heres the link for anyone whos interestested.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ChannelID=177756870

theres no real reason for me to be back, just i missed learning about my fav animals. went to the zoo last week, realy got me back into wanting to learn more. and also i had a few questions RE snakes at the zoo, the carpet in particular, and i was like... hold on, i should ask that on APS so here i am.

my questions RE the zoo were 1 does anybody know the age/sex of the carpet there? coz it was a fairly large one.
and in regards to getting darker as they age, how much is expectable? ill take some happy snaps of my girl next time i get her out and would love some comments on what you forsee. maybe the one at the zoo was near ready to shed, coz it certainly looked a little misty all over its body, but it was realy quite dark. almost all over.

anyway, /end essay,
its nice to be back :D

Welcome back. Never has to be a reason to come back. Where did you get those tongs from (the ones you use in "snake takes mouse"?)

my mum used to work as a nurse, so i got her to steal some of the tongs they use to hold those sponges to dab inside peoples bodies, i got such a long set so i can always use them.

there so good. had them from day one :D

ofcourse i got her to steal them from the storeroom, not ones that had been used. so nextime you go into a hospital and have a realy friendly nurse, dont forget to ask for some of those tongs. there realy handy

I could use some. When I graduate and get a job I'll steal them from my vet surgery haha

yes.. true... or you could pay... lol. yeah, there good though, well worth the dosh.

as you may have noticed from my 1st post i uploaded those vids on myspace, i was wondering if theres a place to upload vids or anything here. or should i just stick to myspace/youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back