whats going on with my girl??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey people the other day I checked my female cape york she was leaning on the door of the cage well I happen to notice on the under side of her had splotches of pink/orange rashes and her scales where kinda abnormal shape and lifting alil. I thought it was really wiered never seen it before, she is 8.4foot in with male breeding, haven't cought them doing it yet, just had a shed about a week ago, and didn't eat anything yesterday which is very strange wasn't interested at all.

so I'm thinking maybe she is gravid. Its my first time breeding them this year.

SO what do you think?

cheers Jody

Abnormally coloured, lifted scales? Sounds like scale rot or mites? I'm no expert.

Post a photo maybe?

Sounds like scale rot, photos would be great as others have said. I had scale rot once and that was from keeping my snake in conditions that were too damp/humid. It was treated by dabbing the area in betadine then place Silvazine cream on the affected area. Cleared up nicely and one shed later you could hardly tell there had been a problem. Silvazine is a Schedule 4 cream though which requires the authorisation of a vet to buy it.

Simone.

oh ok well it hasn't been all that humid up here as of late and the enclosure has chicken wire all was round she's been in with her man for a wile now. unfortunitly no pics I need batteries for my cam, its not mites I know what they look like and it was nothing of the sort, scale rot well I don't know she's been bathing heeps. I did think maybe she scratched herself on something but its almost cleared up there's just a lil rashy bit under her chin. I thought she could be ovulating and maybe something like stretch marks....can sa=nakes get them for becoming gravid? I don't know thats why I ask you guys.

cheers Jody

Stretch marks? Nope. See if you can get photos, that'll make it way easier.

do you have a globe in your enclosure that it could have clung onto to seek some heat, my BHP did that and left with some pink marks which faded away after a few weeks. I also soaked it in betadine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back