half a rat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ace#74

Reaction score
i just feed my murry and he bit the rat and as he was constricting it burst there was blood and guts everywhere any way he tryed to eat the top half i took it off him i thought the guts would clog his throat. i washed him and his fine but what would have happened if i let him eat the top half covered in blood. cheers

He would get very messy, thats about it. Unless you have a substrate that could get stuck to it and be swallowed like kitty litter, leaf litter or stones it should be right.

Pics? :lol:

Last edited:
Our jungle has broken her rats in half before and we just let her deal with them, she does make a mess and needs a clean up after shes finished but shes always dealt with them.In the wild they would get the odd one that would bust to bits and I figure they deal with them then and anyway i wasnt going to try and take it off her :)

blood n gutz

i find rushing the defrost process is when the "blanched" skin of the rodent gets fragile. defrost the mouse or rat slowly and i doubt you will have this problem.
ren

Sorry Renagade but I breed em,sell em and feed em fresh killed and every so oftern youll get one blow to bits,,,,why I dont know it just happens.

I tend to think it occurs when rats r left to defrost too long and the rat starts to cook. Its happened to me twice, not very pretty at all, but i usually let them sort it out themselves and they get it down eventually. Sometimes they need a wash afterwards though to get rid of dried on blood. eww

yeah well i've only ever happen when i've defrofted em too long or quickly.... dunno then

i just feed my murry and he bit the rat and as he was constricting it burst there was blood and guts everywhere any way he tryed to eat the top half i took it off him i thought the guts would clog his throat. i washed him and his fine but what would have happened if i let him eat the top half covered in blood. cheers
They can manage a whole rat without having their throats clogged, so they could do fine with the inside part of the rat hahaha. Sounds yuck though!

If we think about it the meat gets broken down first and the bones are the last so they would have to be able to handle them which ever way they come,JMO ive had them eat them butt first sideways and busted in the middle so i just let nature take its course they have been around longer than we have!!!!!!!

haha that would of smelt a bit but still where were the photos before the clean up

*makes gagging noise*

That is soooo gross :shock:

:lol:

Lol i could just imagine his dismay at having half his food taken off him. Give it back damn you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back