Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more to the point! why is this thread being humoured? It's hype building and marketing at it's best. Failed on me sorry.

Lol i suppose any publicity is good publicity. But seriously no one yet knows who owns this line or when it will be available on the market, so advertising couldn't be the purpose of this thread.

But seriously no one yet knows who owns this line or when it will be available on the market, so advertising couldn't be the purpose of this thread.

Maybe not advertising as such, but this thread is definately building hype!!

3,244 views since Tuesday :shock:

Also, in the first post, bapi said this new line was "completely unrelated to Blondie and her descendants" yet in his most recent post, his comment was "how closely related or otherwise they are to Blondie is impossible to say than for any other Darwin carpet - what happens in the wild stays in the wild :)".

Isn't the second statement kind of conflicting with the first? :|

I'd really be interested in some more information concerning this other line of albino's if possible.
And of course love to see some more pics if available. I never ever tire of looking at albinos :D

Whoa.
"You might wanna provide a bit more evidence before you go ahead and defame someone else's line, from the pictures I have seen so far...blondey certainly looks to be the greater snake"

No I am not slandering blondey's line. She and her descendents are very beautiful & healthy snakes. To be clear I have never seen an ugly albino. Nor have i every seen an unhealthy one.

I am not saying this line is better, just a different origin. I did say that they seemed to be bigger and brighter coloured on average compared to the (limited) average of those that I have examined of Blondies line. BUT I followed up by saying that this is unlikely to be due to the mutation rather it is likely to be due to the natural variation in Darwin carpets. Darwin carpets vary a lot.

stephen

Lol i suppose any publicity is good publicity. But seriously no one yet knows who owns this line or when it will be available on the market, so advertising couldn't be the purpose of this thread.

I know exactly who the owner of this animal is, i dont think its as secret as you think gordo.

and Bapi can you turn your PM function on please.

so how many "new line albinos" are there?
just the one?

Well the offer is there for the "owners" of this line to something together with SXR. I guess I wait and see if any one contacts us. Alternatively, maybe the claimants will provide a more complete story of the history of this line that is credible and can be verified. Certainly, right from the beginning with Blondie the whole world knew and scrutinised it. The same was true of the albino olives, albino mackies, etc etc.

Stephen, will you be taking Doc up on his offers to see exactly what your line produces with the Southern Cross line? Wouldn't that then give everyone a better idea of whether it is a new line? All this genetics stuff goes waaaayyyy over my head, so that's about as technical as I get :oops::lol:

sorry i ment how many albino snakes are there in this new line.
just the one albino in those pics or are there more?

Sorry, no there are supposedly many more, Bapi said "I have examined many examples of both blondies strain and this strain."

quote flava flav (PublicEnemy) : " Don'tdon't Don't , Believe the hype! WooHaHaHaaa! "

"Stephen, will you be taking Doc up on his offers to see exactly what your line produces with the Southern Cross line? Wouldn't that then give everyone a better idea of whether it is a new line? All this genetics stuff goes waaaayyyy over my head, so that's about as technical as I get"

Actually I am not the owner or breeder of these snakes - just their vet. It's not my call. I will have to see what their owners think.

Stephen

I know exactly who the owner of this animal is, i dont think its as secret as you think gordo.
and Bapi can you turn your PM function on please.

Well if you do then that is good. But i don't think it is the person who you think it is and even if it is the person you think it is, there are not that many people who know.

Well if you do then that is good. But i don't think it is the person who you think it is and even if it is the person you think it is, there are not that many people who know.
maybe we could have a guessing competition :D whoever guesses the owners name first gets a free albino.

There are plenty of "Blondie" origin albinos available so i imagine if the owner wanted to cross to that line he easily could. I imagine one reason for holding the aniamls off the market is to keep them pure to keep control of the breeding of that line.

Well its someone from the northern territory most likely..:)

I should atleast win a het for that guess;)

maybe we could have a guessing competition :D whoever guesses the owners name first gets a free albino.
Hi Colin, for that brilliant idea you win a pair of albinos from my stunning pair of Simons line when they breed, which by the way have a beautiful lemon & lime colouring, the packaging will be very expensive though ha ha.
cheers, Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back