ID on this gecko?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was going through some photos tonight and came across these pics.

My partner and I were on a cruise with our car club last year when we stopped at a lookout near Somerset Dam. When we returned to our car, we found this little gecko had taken a shine to it! Poor thing was growing a new, stumpy little tail. I know absolutely nothing about geckos - anyone able to identify it?

gecko2.jpg

gecko1.jpg

gecko3.jpg

try again , Gehyra Variegata i think you will find
page 69 A complete guide to reptiles of Australia
that and it was an easy one to ID

Not gehyra variegata. I see them all the time and it isnt that species. I think you will find if it isnt a H.frenatus, its a different species of Gehyra.

'And it was an easy one to ID'

if my eyes aint decieving me i can see small "spikes" at the base of the tail, H. frenatus have spines down the tail

G'Day,
Im still thinking its a AHG, Going on the locality it was found at only Gehyra are found in SEQ is G. dubia
Too bad most of its tail is gone, like Hornet suggests the spikes on the tail is usually a dead give away. also the random tubercles along the body, they can be so many shades of brown and grey its can be misleading.
Asian House Gecko, Hemidactylus frenatus
100_0291.jpg

100_0429.jpg

G. dubia
Geckoman.jpg

gecko4.jpg

Gehyra,
Digits are all clawed except for the inner digit on each foot. (wilson&swan)

i am going on the length from eyes to snout as this is shorter in Gehyra than Hehidactylus and the pattern i think the spike are part of the pattern
But i could be wrong has been know to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back