pale-headed snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elapid@

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
dose any one keep or know of people that keep pale-headed snakes.
just bought one and would like to here what they think if theres.
cheers steve.

i had one for about 6 months, had to get rid of it when i moved.
loved the little bugger though, he was a great handler

Never even heard of them.. What's their basic info? (Elapid, colubrid etc etc)
Post pics please!!

cheers

Latest reptile australia mag had an article on them the bloke who wrote the story and breeds them would be the one to speak to
yeah i will have a look at that.........thanks.

omg i love pale headed snakes , they were in reptiles australia mag not long ago
it would be great to see pics

re pale

Brian Lazell is the expert on pale headed snakes (hoplocephalus bitorquatus) most of the species available are bred by him,one of the most experienced herps in australia,just keeps a low profile until now i suppose.Goes to the Hawks herps meetings usually,has tremendous knowledge and records of herps,photos etc that go back to the 60s.It was Brian lazell and his friend Robert Cook as well as Richard Wells that got me going in reptiles in the late 60s,they all had collections in western sydney when moses was a child.

thanks people

:)here is a pic of the one i bought, the adults where already sold but i got the last one and its a juvie. when i saw them in the herp shop i new ive gotta have one of those. any way here is a pic of the pale heads and mines one of the juvies. i also found out that the pales were from brian lazell and after reading the info in Reptiles Australia made me more attached to them. They are definitely a good call......
cheers steve
View attachment 26686

Last edited:
Hey elapid@, i bought the adults :) maybe we should stay in touch incase we ever need to do some breeding loans etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back