Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about you're girls :(, hope they are found soon and you get them back !!!!

Things like this make me soooo MAD !!!!

That is really terrible news. It doesnt make all that much sense does it. Their not an extremely valuable animal and you would have to have the right equipment to keep them which would be pretty expencive by itself. I would have thought it easier to take wild lacies than go to all that trouble. I guess there are more scumbags out there than u might think. I hope these lowlives get caught!

Deano I am so sorry for your loss. Some people really are despicable. Seeing this happen time and time again really makes you lose faith in the amount of good people out there. I just don't get it :( Hope you get them back mate.

Sorry to hear about that Deano hope you find them safe and sound. And i hope that the M######s that took them get a good taste of what a Lacie can do when they are threatened.
Was there any other blood around the enclosure if it was someone that hadnt handled lacies before they may have got bitten or clawed just a thought mate.

Hope it all works out and you get them back.

Pete

im sorry to hear the news, both myself and my family hope they are returned soon, i will try and dig out some e-mail adresses for local shops who deal with reptils so e-mails can be sent, best of luck

jason and family

Sorry to hear Deano, hope u get em back and I hope Karma bites em in the **** big time!!!!!!!! Hope ur boy is OK.

Sorry for your loss ,Deano :( I'll be keeping an eye out west of the mountains for you.

Shane

The saddest part is that NO DOUBT they were taken by someone who is either a member here, or visits this site.

This is the very reason so many people are hesitant with posting there enclosure pics and animals on sites like this one, there a haven for theives.

I would recomend NO-ONE post pics of there animals if they dont want them stolen. But most certainly dont give out a suburb address. A few questions and anyone can find out where and what you have.

Scary world but unfortunately its the only way to make sure your herps are safe..

The saddest part is that NO DOUBT they were taken by someone who is either a member here, or visits this site.

This is the very reason so many people are hesitant with posting there enclosure pics and animals on sites like this one, there a haven for theives.

I would recomend NO-ONE post pics of there animals if they dont want them stolen. But most certainly dont give out a suburb address. A few questions and anyone can find out where and what you have.

Scary world but unfortunately its the only way to make sure your herps are safe..

Can I just add here, Hubby and I own a and operate a security and home systems company of which we see things like this happen all the time. (and usually people come to us AFTER they have been robbed)

SECURITY SECURITY SECURITY!!!!! Herps, like other possesions we have, are worth a lot of money and it still amazes me how many people don't have home security. We spend our money on heaps of unnecessary things, however security always slips peoples minds. We have our place alarmed and even have cameras, we have back to base monitoring so we know immediately if anything happens and can catch it on tape. (police LOVE this) A decent alarm is worth about a grand,(one BHP) with monitoring about (90 bucks for three months - find a company that doesn't lock you into a contract), and I realise that this may be a bit for some, but when you consider what you spend on your herps (some people's collections are worth tens of thousands), family possessions and valuables, surely it is worth it! Not to mention peace of mind. This is not a plug for us as obviously we are in townsville which is too far away for most of you, but please consider security for yourselves, your family and your herps!!!

Good luck Deano, hope you get em!!

Well said Tan, totally agree.

People wanna get my stuff there stepping over me first!

But security is something most often overlooked, and with the theft of the GTPs and numerous other snakes and lizards in the recent past, it is something which definately needs to be considered..

So sorry to hear about your loss. This is so scarey - it could happen to any one of us. Do you mind me asking how they gained entry into your house??

I cant really begin to understand what kind of scum would do something like this and why.. Its like walking into someones house and taking their children =\.

Sorry to hear of your loss man .
The thing that angers & upsets me the most about this , is that it feeds the paranoia in a
cummunity that is mostly a friendly & fun loving bunch of people who share in a love of herps.

just reading this thread now deano,that really is a low act,and if it is someone thats on this site,i hope it makes u feel good,ill be keeping my eyes open to deano,and i doubt it was a greeny releasing them,as they seemed to be knowing what they were looking for and i doubt they would be able to grab a lacie,hopefully u get them back and the person responsible gets what they deserve,i have had herps pinched before as well so know how u feel
keep us up to date deano

A thought I had about this theft is that the theif/theives obviously don't mind breaking the law.
There are hundreds of Lace Monitors wandering around camps sites & picnic areas
on certain parts of the NSW coast . Why wouldn't they just go there ?

Last edited:
stupid thieves, i really hope u get them back deano best off luck mate.

Just like Donk said. 'Kill em revive em & Kill em again'
Hope you get your girls back mate and that your boy heals quickly.
Good luck Deano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back